The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Syvecs - Rolling Anti-lag on a button?

Sheefa

Hi

Car is going for mapping tweaks with Greg @ ProTuner on 4th September and I'm looking into having rolling antilag option for solely my own amusement :)

I have a Toucan for boost maps and CAL switch for TC setup already. Can you actually hook a separate override switch and button up to Syvecs to activate anti-lag on demand? Ideally would like just a push button by ignition barrel rather than an individual map setting on Toucan or CAL switch if that makes sense.

I have a lot of sensors installed too so assume I might have to ditch one or purchase I/O expander ?

Thanks

Greg

Sounds similar to how mine is set up on my Link

Can't see why syvecs wouldn't be able to do the same you will just be running the ecu digital input wire to the switch

Mines 2 different settings on 2 separate rocker switches (mild and aggressive)

Although the way mine is setup I have it activated by rpm so whenever the switch is on, the antilag will automatically activate over 4Krpm and then has a 5 second cut off just as a protection to not over abuse it

But I could have had it setup so that the switch basically activates it on or off and not the rpm

Greg was quite surprised how well mine worked as he thought it would need a proper air bypass pipe to get it to do anything other than mild pops

Gary (Girth45) will be able to verify how mentally loud mine is haha

Edited by berg (see edit history)

Hi Greg I have it on my set up ;)

I used a button on my steering wheel (a Sparco one) I just oush the button and rolling anti lag is activated on any CAL

Its activated via a ground. So one end to a ground and the other to the ECU so when the button is pushed the ecu make the connection with the ground and hey presto.

If you want to do it the same way I have so no wires get tangled up while steering there are a few spare points you can solder the wire to on the steering slip ring so it like stock :)

The ground I used was the one for the horn button on the steering wheel boss and soldered that to one of the spare connections on the steering slip ring (the same way the horn is when it comes out the factory)

And then soldered a wire to the corresponding plate on the steering wheel rack side of the slip ring and let the wire to the ECU for Romain to plug in and set up.

At this point I felt such a boss at soldering I used the other Sparco button to my head unit for puch to talk like a modern car to control my audio and sat nav via my voice.

Of cause everyone thinks I have NOS because of the buttons lol

But if you want this more "professional" job route the corresponding soling points are mirrored

Hope below make sense. If not PM me and I will give you my number and you can call me... for advice not a date :D

Steering wheel Side

1 ------ 2------- 3 ------ 4

Horn - Airbag - Blank - Blank

1 ------ 2 ------ 3 ------- 4

Blank - Blank - Airbag - Horn

Steering Rack Side

It works flawless, in say 3rd hold it down at a low rev range, push the button, foot to the floor, engine note changes and after a 2 or 3 seconds you have full boost. Its good fun.

But exhaust gas temps can get high using it so not to over abuse at once :)

But I will not take full credit on this, Jamie Foster advised me how to do mine so I am just sharing the love

Edited by a98pmalcolm (see edit history)

Steering wheel Side

1 ------ 2------- 3 ------ 4

Horn - Airbag - Blank - Blank

1 ------ 2 ------ 3 ------- 4

Blank - Blank - Airbag - Horn

Steering Rack Side

I was just about to suggest the same thing to Greg :)

But Malcolm can I ask why you didn't list all the pins, as I thought there were six?

I was just about to suggest the same thing to Greg :)

But Malcolm can I ask why you didn't list all the pins, as I thought there were six?

Because I couldn't remember how many there where lol

Thanks Gents I'll read over later and send a note to Greg.

I don't have any steering wheel buttons sadly so would need a dash switch or something similar.

/QUOTE]

Dash switch will work the same way just easier to mount. But I wouldn't recommend it as you will want both hands on the steering wheel.

This is the buttons I used