The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Oem front speaker brackets

gaijin

I've searched this but can't find a definitive answer I'm using Tims oem conversion plates to fit new oem size speakers I thought when the three screws were removed the old speaker would come out : then just the matter of putting on the conversion plates and new speakers;but the oem plastic bracket seems to be glued on as well Don't want to bugger up the retaining holes by hacking at it Where do I go from here please anyone ? Thanks, and no shouting I'm of a certain age

Are you saying you are having trouble removing the metal speaker from the plastic speaker pod? If so they are slightly bonded on, and you will need to gently pry them from the plastic speaker pod.

Pics would help explain more what you are trying to convey :)

Not sure if you've seen this thread Jon? Unfortunately the pics don't work (they were hosted on photobucket but it's pay to link now) but it does give a decent step by step guide, including reference (as Burna said above) to gently prying the speaker pod off after removing the three screws.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?163088-How-to-install-my-speaker-brackets&highlight=speaker+bracket

Not sure if you've seen this thread Jon? Unfortunately the pics don't work (they were hosted on photobucket but it's pay to link now) but it does give a decent step by step guide, including reference (as Burna said above) to gently prying the speaker pod off after removing the three screws.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?163088-How-to-install-my-speaker-brackets&highlight=speaker+bracket

Lol that's my mate, and my car in that thread :)