The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra 3.0 Litre Twin Turbo 1993- Need to Know Internal Rear Dimensions - Help Please

Guest capsot

Guest capsot

Hello

Please can some kind owner answer this for me?

I am disabled and use a mobility scooter.

I am currently in Cardiff but keep a Supra 3.0 litre twin turbo 1993 LHD in Spain. Getting more difficult to use it - parking, limping etc.

I have the chance to buy a second hand scooter here in Cardiff hoping I could take it to Spain and it would fit in the Supra with the back seat rest pushed forward.

Would the broken down scooter still fit in the rear end of the Supra - please? I'm afraid it might be too tight length against height.

Dimensions of scooter parts are

Body 33" length with a height of 17" and width 19"

Seat height 21" length with a width 22" and depth 20"

Separate battery and separate back detachable traction unit would be no problem.

It's the above components I don't know whether they could foul the back window - not enough clearance.

If you have a Supra and could just check for me I would be so grateful.

Thanks

Bob Gregory

Cardiff

Edited by capsot (see edit history)

Guest capsot
Another idea could be to remove the passenger seat. I did this once and managed to fit an entire rear subframe assembly plus two front wings in the car with ease

I'd like to say a big thank you to both answer respondents. I can't remove the passenger seat unless I have my wife consigned to the local buses. Not a good idea! From what you wrote, it would seem that the body of the scooter would go in (33"x17"x19").

Would the seat height of 21" (would be separate from the body) go in if that part of the seat was hard up against the front seats please?

Would you still think probably not?

Thanks again.

Guest capsot

Thank you again for your kind responses and suggestions. It seems like a no-no for a broken down scooter in the back. I wouldn't want to remove the back seats altogether. I was hoping that folding down the back seats back rest to extend the horizontal space available would be enough but looks like it wouldn't be. All Best.

Do you have a photo of your scooter ?

I'm Interested to see how the seat fits to it and the seat itself regarding its

frame and how its constructed

Before you give up i'm just wondering if you could modify the seat or make a custom seat

to fit it that's in say two pieces, the base you sit on and the back support.

Anything can be done with a little out of the box engineering :)

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Guest capsot

Yes, OK - I can do some photos of the broken down components when I have some help tomorrow. Thanks - I'll be back with photos. I think the steel extension of the seat is going to be the problem but let's see.

Guest capsot

Here are the photos of the broken down components. I think the attached metal rod on the bottom of the seat which slots into a hole in the body is going to be the main problem. Any further thoughts please?Img_0922.jpgImg_0923.jpgImg_0924.jpgImg_0925.jpgImg_0926.jpg

Or modify the supra drivers seat - so it's held into the car seat rails by quick release pins and adapt your mobility seat mount to fit below the supra seat - you then remove the drivers seat and fit to your mobility drive part (which you keep in the boot ), again using quick release pins

Guest capsot

Thanks to you all for further kind suggestions. Modifying the driver's seat is definitely not on but I tried the suggestion of takng the plate and tube extension off the bottom of the scooter's seat. It was a bit laborious but that might work. Unfortunately I would have to do this by bending down and the problem in the first place is a spinal one. I was thinking that with my wife's help I could manage to lift the components in/out of the rear gate but that's about all. Anyway, I have decided to buy this small scooter and take it to Spain with us next time and hope for the best. Thaks -again - everyone.