The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Removing side windows

_Shane_

As my Supra is going for paint soon i decided to remove the side windows today. And tbh it was fairly straight forward :)

Just had to remove the interior trim, one thing that i almost broke but didnt was that i didnt know the side interior trim (speaker panels) actually had more screws securing that

bit panel to the car, you have to pop off the speaker grill to reveal i think 3 more small screws. That was my only drawback

Apart from that when you have all interior trim remove just go at the window seal with a sharp stanley until it comes lose. Once lose then put a metal wire through and with the help of a friend just ease it through the sealant until your window is free to be lifted out.

Anyway just thought i would share as from reading on here people make it out to be a daunting job to do when really its straight forward

How much are new ones from toyota? The rubber around the edge of mine lets the car down a little, have tried all sorts of trim restorers and some are good (liking aerospace 303 at the min) but it's just a temporary fix and eventually they go back to looking faded