The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK seller testing the US market?

evinX

Seeing there is no interior pic you'd have to figure 99% of Americans will just assume the sterring wheel is on the left. It can only end in tears.

The picture outside the community centre looks very familiar. Sure this car spent a long time on car and classic a year ago with the story of older gent finding car too low to get in and out of.

Will this car being under 25 yrs old have any issues getting into the USA ?

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/218/~/requirements-for-importing-a-vehicle-%2F-vehicle-parts

If its not the in the age bracket itll have to go through as parts. end off. And the chassis will probably be recorded as a shell.

Im currently having offers from friends to ship mine out to the Caribbean, but the island has a limit on cars no older than 4 years. Now as i have dual nationality they want me to take the Supra down as a returning resident as itll be legal and get new 2017/2018 registered plates. Only catch is all the papers will state im returning for good and cant transfer the car for 2 years. Basically sounds dodgy as hell to me, id get 95% relief on import and duty as ive been in the UK for more than 5 years.

But 25/30k for a Aerotop na sounds the bees knees. Still not going to do it. Because i may very well move there at some point and will want to take the Supra with me. Prices people are willing to pay for these cars are crazy (outside Europe)

This was spotted out there recently, on PDP (2017) plates, now the only way that can happen is if someone returned with it :love:

Guest touringteg

I have been watching as well. I seriously wonder if the bidders understand it is a RHD located in the UK.

A few states are registering cars that are not 25 yrs old. Florida is the biggest. I have seen some in Washington and Idaho as well.

A seller here in BC Canada sold his RHD TT6 project car to a buyer in Florida so it does happen. I have a RHD 94 TT auto hard top near stock for sale and have had two contacts from Florida.