The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which ecu to use

coza

Hi

the car will be single turbo 6speed import

I'm not sure which ecu to use

I've currently got an emu ready to fit are these good ? Is anyone else running that's

I've heard the link ecus are good now in stuck on what to put on

Hi

the car will be single turbo 6speed import

I'm not sure which ecu to use

I've currently got an emu ready to fit are these good ? Is anyone else running that's

I've heard the link ecus are good now in stuck on what to put on

Best to specify a budget otherwise everyone will just say Syvecs.

Around £1000-1500

Is that overall budget i.e ECU, sensors et cetera or just for the ECU?

New Maybe?

Megasquirt MS3Pro Ultimate

Emerald K6 ECU

New

Link G4 is within budget

AEM Series II (you might be able to pick up from a dealer if they will sort out a price)

Secondhand

MoTeC M800

Syvecs S6

Ideally you want to choose your mapper first and chat through with them what ECU's they are happy mapping on.

Edited by Frank Bullitt
Spelling. (see edit history)

My old power fc daniel has got for sale in parts think it's £500, plug and play ecu and uses factory sensors knock ,oil pressure etc ,Syvecs struggled to make any more power to be honest had to run more boost.

With the saved money get a £270 Aem failsafe gauge you can set boost and afr levels in a really nice pc app software that connects up to the gauge also does datalogging, you can set alarms and also has an output line so you can wire it up to boost controller, ignition cut etc and set the time http://aemelectronics.com/files/instructions/30-4900%20Wideband%20Failsafe%20Gauge.pdf

Edited by chazuk (see edit history)

Don't fit the EMU to a single turbo Supra, do it properly and reliably with a standalone.

E2A

I'm not saying it can't be done (Ian C's Supra is a prime example that it can). I don't think many people map Supra's using these anymore especially when the is much better out there, sell it and put the money with the £1500 you have and get a nice standalone with all the safety features, traction control et cetera you could wish for.

Edited by Frank Bullitt (see edit history)

I was thinking a link but I've already got the emu with all loom ready to go on , I just don't know if it's any good and the differences between link and emu

If you have the latest EMU Black, then stick with that. It is pretty nice in terms of features, quite competitive. But if it's one of the older ones then I wouldn't bother

If you have the latest EMU Black, then stick with that. It is pretty nice in terms of features, quite competitive. But if it's one of the older ones then I wouldn't bother

Didn't a club trader melt a forum members engine because of a bad EMU ecu (not emanage ultimate)

People tend to stick with what the majority run and the majority on here run Syvecs. It is a great ECU that includes everything in the price, the only other one I would consider would be a MoTeC. Their support is unparalleled and they are mucho £££ but then the best usually is.

Who are you getting to map the car?

ECU Master black edition should be in Budget

I dont think Greg in ProTuner is not too far from you , he does a range of brands , be worth asking what he recommends

He will recommend Link as he did to me, saved myself alot of £££ over the syvecs and its a superb bit of kit, i hadnt even read about the new plug in G4+ until he recommended it

You will get the ecu, all sensors and even a Toucan for less than just a Syvecs on its own

Each to their own though

It seems a few are now venturing into the Link G4+ which is great as it opens up more avenues for others rather than just the usual one or two, how does their support and features compare?

E2A

Is this (http://dealers.linkecu.com/TS2JZPlus) the one you went for berg?

Edited by Frank Bullitt (see edit history)