The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Side repeaters. MOT Fail?

Chris1992

Hi guys, so my we've just taken our supra for it's MOT, and they've failed it due to lack of side repeaters on the fron wings.

The car is a 98 facelift jspec TT6, which I was pretty sure didn't have side repeaters anyway? The car certainly doesn't have them anyway, nor any holes where they would have fitted?

It's also worth mentioning that the same garage passed the car a year ago, so that doesn't make any sense either.

So can anyone shed some light on the subject?

Cheers guys

Taking the mick. If someone were to bring and register a US spec, they wouldnt need to fit front wing indicators, so why for a jspec?

They can be seen at all angles of the car. Had 2 different MOT places check mine, no problem. Pulled by police, tyre and light checks, no problems.

Wait so jspec cars did have side repeaters? I've seen picks of them in the wings and in the bumper, but our car has neither, I just assumed they were facelift and prefacelift locations for UK cars. Can anyone tell me for sure? Will be a shame to cut holes in the bumpers if I don't need to.

Uk, prefacelift jdms had indicators in the wings/ fenders

US, facelift jdm had side markers in the front bumpers.

So you have none in the wings or bumper??

[ATTACH=CONFIG]221462[/ATTACH]

Is yours the same as mine

Nope! Our car has nothing in the front bumper or wings. I can only assume in this case a prefacelift bumper has been fitted. Looks like we'll have to fit some! I just hope the wiring is still there in the bumper...