The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Back in a Supra after 10 years - TT this time though

Tarmac

Hi Everyone,

Thought I would post a quick hello, picked up a Supra TT Auto Aerotop at the weekend..

I owned my first NA supra around 10 years ago and loved it, I then got heavily involved in Nissan's, specifically the 350/370z's, I always knew I would get another Supra though so i'm really happy.

The car hasn't been heavily modded, has a blitz intake and an SS Autochrome intercooler which I think I will be replacing, some wheels and thats about it.

I really don't have any expertise in Supra's so hopefully will be able to learn a lot from here and hope to meet up with some other members and pick some brains, if any of you guys are in the midlands region (Derby) then I would love to see what you have done to your cars.

I am planning on doing some work on the car, i'm not fussed about getting huge power but I do want to do some cosmetic mods as it looks a bit tired and in need of a refresh.

Some pics below for you, Cheers Chris

This was my first Supra NA from ten years ago, a guy came from Scotland to collect it when I sold her

very nice !

Did you or do you own the twin turbo green 350z ?

I've owned a few Zeds but not a green one no, there was a 600bhp green zed called "The Bitch" that I know well but that was supercharged and is sadly no more.

Theres also the LS3 350z that i'm involved in, if you watch drifting you may have seen it

I've owned a few Zeds but not a green one no, there was a 600bhp green zed called "The Bitch" that I know well but that was supercharged and is sadly no more.

Theres also the LS3 350z that i'm involved in, if you watch drifting you may have seen it

http://i.imgur.com/iVeQJxs.jpg

Ahh yea it was supercharged from memory now.. was a few years back when I see it at a 350z meet

LS3 looks awesome !

My girlfriend has a 350z and heard your name pop up often when talking about 350's lol

Depending on how recently things were done, see the list below.

Timing Belt,

Timing Belt Tensioner Hydraulic Capsule,

Aux Belt,

Tensioner Pulley, Washer & Bolt,

Crank Pulley Washer & Bolt,

Crank Sprocket,

Water Pump (Metal Impeller NOT Plastic)

Thermostat,

Oil Pump,

Oil Filter,

Transmission Filter,

Fuel Filter,

Spark Plugs,

Coil Packs,

Coil Pack Clips,

Radiator,

SMIC,

Complete Fluid Change (Engine, Transmission, Diff, Brake, Coolant),

Brake Pads,

Brake Discs,

Braided Brakelines

Tyres.

Edited by Frank Bullitt
Spelling. (see edit history)

Ok things I'd check if you haven't already

Does the heater getting piping hot? Easy to miss at this time of year

Do the brakes drag, are the sliders/Pistons all free (pads worn evenly) j specs are prone to seizing up a bit

Take off the engine under tray and look for any oil or power steering leaks, can check out the crank pulley at that point, they are known to seperate and can cause damage when they do. Also just in front of the rad is a cross member and these can start to rust.

Trace the fuel and brake hard lines (passenger side) back to the rear of the car, near the rear subframe they go over a hump, there should be a plastic cover here with a 10mm bolt under this they can be very corroded (even leaking fuel or brake fluid) well worth checking.

Why? What sort of power are you looking to run? The larger OEM 4 pot and 2 pot with OEM discs and decent pads are perfectly fine.

Looks like it has the smaller j specs fitted to it but they can be fine as long as they are 100% and fresh fluid

Thanks Dunk, what would you advise? It has a decent amount of service history and has only done 70k

Pretty much the list below unless they've been replaced/refurbed.

Not sure you'd need an oil pump though or coil packs to be honest as i didn't think they had age

related problems, my car had done twice your cars mileage and both those items were original.

Any smoke on cold start up and the valve stem seals are on their way out, if you get it on a ramp

check all the obvious areas for corrosion, brake and fuel lines, sills etc, oh and the front cross member

under the rad is prone to rot so worth a close look at that too

Refurb of the calipers

Depending on how recently things were done, see the list below.

Timing Belt,

Timing Belt Tensioner Hydraulic Capsule,

Aux Belt,

Tensioner Pulley, Washer & Bolt,

Crank Pulley Washer & Bolt,

Crank Sprocket,

Water Pump (Metal Impeller NOT Plastic)

Thermostat,

Oil Pump,

Oil Filter,

Transmission Filter,

Fuel Filter,