The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bought a new Supra, anyone have any info on it?

Notts_TT

"Awesome car, runs great and stole it from Jon ."

If you are happy with it and what you paid for it, dare I suggest it really doesn't matter too much so long as there are no hidden dangers?

its a 20 year old car, by all means make sure any accident damage has been repaired to a decent standard but if it was a bargain, runs well and to your satisfaction then just enjoy it.

It's not recorded as having an accident and the front and in boot area looks straight enough.

There is some paint cracking etc around rear arch where it meets bumper etc but looks like it's been there years ??? Not freshly done ?

Where should I check for signs of damage, and would a 4 wheel alignment show it's straight ??

Thanks

Closest ones 40 mins away but found a local company, booked in at 12

Should be interesting to see the results, get a printout before they touch anything would be my advice.

What does the car drive like now ?

Simple 4 wheel alignment is a good idea

The F1 autocenters used to do a free check, just checked and they still do

https://www.f1autocentres.co.uk/

There's one near where I live for a change. Going to get mine booked in as I haven't had it checked in the 7 years I've owned mine but it's always been completely planted and stable so never had the need.

"Awesome car, runs great and stole it from Jon ."

If you are happy with it and what you paid for it, dare I suggest it really doesn't matter too much so long as there are no hidden dangers?

its a 20 year old car, by all means make sure any accident damage has been repaired to a decent standard but if it was a bargain, runs well and to your satisfaction then just enjoy it.

This

I'd suggest you get a check done and be sure of no poor repairs. But I'd also suggest you disclose your findings when you sell on as most will do a search before buying and see this thread.

Been to a garage and had it 4 wheel tracked and all underneath and chassis checked, been there an hour while they went through everything with a fine toothed comb and all is good, the tracking was bang on, camber ok, wheels were all square and not offset, all chassis was straight and in shape, on nsr on inside it has had a light tap but all original and rust free.

Been to a garage and had it 4 wheel tracked and all underneath and chassis checked, been there an hour while they went through everything with a fine toothed comb and all is good, the tracking was bang on, camber ok, wheels were all square and not offset, all chassis was straight and in shape, on nsr on inside it has had a light tap but all original and rust free.

Good news

What were the geo figures ?

did they not give you a print out with the figures on it?

(Maybe they only do that if they make adjustments so you can see the before and after)

Any garage should give you a print out if you ask for it, if no adjustments are needed they probably wouldn't bother.

I'd just want to know then i can compare to the different setups people on here use

Everything in the green isn't close enough for me :innocent:

Rear camber target is around -1 degree 30 mins with + or - 45 min tolerance which for

me is too much as you could have one side in the green at 2 degrees 15 min and the other

at 45 mins

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)