The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Possible Supra single to be broken..

and1c

Well, bit gutted but all fuel system done, went to the dyno for mapping on friday, they could only map it for cruise up to 4k, the (old) Link g3 ECU has a fault it seems and the mapper was trying to take some timing out (using det cans etc) in one part of the map and basically the ECU was programmed to be using his settings, but apparently wasn't implementing them (basically was doing its own thing) in certain map segments. Hence meaning the mapping couldn't be finished due to safety concerns. The Car had a full shakedown and pre dyno checks and the engine and full setup is working sweetly but it seems like I need a new ECU and installation of - then a complete new mapping session.

As such I may end up breaking the car because I am in the process of launching a new business and don't have the cash to drop on a Syvecs S6 plus + sensors + install..

and if I am doing a standalone setup I would ideally want to get rid of the OEM ecu entirely to negate the problems that people are having with some of them due to the age of them.

My alternative is to go for a cheaper standalone and that is a route I am thinking over and waiting for prices on from the company (they are Link dealers and well respected EVO and jap drift car builders/tuners and I trust them 100%)

So, just checking what interest there would be for :

Rolling chassis (shell has had full respray 6 months ago) - Supra red, 1993 car, import, 93,000 km and all MOT history etc. Very very clean shell and chassis.

2jz gte with full refresh, new seals guides, cambelt, tensioners etc, ARP head studs

Single turbo kit with PT 67

800 cc SARD injectors

Braided fuel lines and fuelab FPR

brand new Walbro 455

Titanium exhaust

Titan stage 2 auto box

Titan 3800 rpm hi stall

Siena advan 2 wheels with new quality tyres

Auto TT LSD diff

etc

I haven't decided what route to take yet, so this is a feeler thread. Much as I don't want to end up breaking the car it is not looking great at the moment!! Hopefully I will find an affordable ECU solution but it is time I am short of at present and that could be the deciding factor.

I'm sure there will be interest but unless you put prices and better details on parts you are going to be wasting your time.

Size of exhaust and what make? Any damage?

What is the code of the LSD?

What size are the wheels and what are the offsets?

Photos of the DOT code on the tyres to prove age?

What make, size and profile are the tyres?

Who did the engine rebuild and have you got photos and receipts to show exactly what has been done/fitted?

What make is the single turbo kit? How old is it?

What is the mileage on the turbo? What boost has it been run at?

What make are the braided lines & fittings used?

Good pictures of the car showing the usual problem areas.

Edited by Frank Bullitt (see edit history)

Get a Link G4+ Supralink

Plug and play standalone no wiring needed, if doing on the cheap it can use all factory sensors

Half the price of a Syvecs and does everything the Syvecs can do

Personally i would get sensors for it so the ecu has better control, or at least a wideband knock sensor, oil pressure and a boost solenoid, but even with all sensors you are still way below the price of a Syvecs on its own

Auto box you are correct, i didnt read that you were auto

It can still be done and has been done, but the stock ecu has to be kept in place to control the box, but then with the syvecs i believe you need an additional module for the autobox which is another £800+ on top

But other than the gearbox , spec for spec, the new G4+ plugins are well up there with the syvecs IMO

Hope you find a solution good luck

Here is the original car as I got it, front bumper was badly cracked but I dont have a picture of that

So we stripped it down to clean and fully assess

Engine had full new gasket and seals kit, new cambelt and kit, ARP head studs, valve guides etc. Headwork done by Sheffield Engine services

Then off to the bodyshop for a full respray

Sorry for the rather crap image layout. The hosting services since photobucket is NLA are useless and for some reason the sizes do not stay as they should! I would have used forum upload but it would have taken ages doing them individually.

Hi, cool. If people could pm their interest also that would be good. If I do go the breaking route I will basically sort all the main items out (eg agree sale before) and then have it broken at a friends car dealership as I dont have space or time for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Please also, if you would be interested in buying the shell, please clarify if you just want the bare shell, or rolling shell with some other wheels.

Additionally, to clarify this is a gauging interest thread.

If I do end up breaking it I will post a full thread with itemised prices in the for sale section. I will be looking at the options I have for new ECU etc next week and will make a decision as soon as I have worked out costings. cheers

Edited by and1c (see edit history)

Thanks mate, I agree it would be gutting. This has had hundreds of hours go into it and lots of cash!, but i am limited by what my tuner will use which means syvecs or link tbo. The other issue I have is that I don't have the time anymore for working on it and a new business venture means that I cant keep ploughing cash into it. Essentially I was going to be selling it in the next 6 months possibly due to that so if that was the case, I could be throwing money away as I wouldnt get the ecu money back I doubt.