The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello from me

elkerimo

Hello Guys

Quick intro from me, I currently own an e46 m3 and feel its time to get myself into a dream car.... this is my car atm, needs a diff bearing and seals doing then ill be listing her...

Expect the usual newbie questions but im going to take my time with picking the right car as I tend to keep my cars for a long while, but really itching to get into one! I seem to be finding the ideal car for me then it turns out to be auto or trip tronic, then I think do I buy and convert... then its VVTi or non VVTi :rolleyes:

But we shall see I suppose...

Chris

Edited by elkerimo
pic (see edit history)

Hello and welcome :)

I seem to be finding the ideal car for me then it turns out to be auto or trip tronic, then I think do I buy and convert

Assuming its the twin turbo (or single) model your looking at then yeah you will see a considerable price difference between the manual and the autos as the manual gearbox is worth so much money, will easily be £4-5k more expensive for a manual.

You will hear alot of people saying not to disregard the autobox as its a great box and this is true it is a brilliant auto box but it still depends on your preference, having owned a few of each I would always still go for a manual but I see that the auto is a great drive still.

On na's however the price difference is far less as the 5 speed w58 gearbox demands alot lower premium due to not being as strong, they will still be more expensive than the autos but only £1-2k difference.

Good luck on your search :)

Hello and welcome :)

Assuming its the twin turbo (or single) model your looking at then yeah you will see a considerable price difference between the manual and the autos as the manual gearbox is worth so much money, will easily be £4-5k more expensive for a manual.

You will hear alot of people saying not to disregard the autobox as its a great box and this is true it is a brilliant auto box but it still depends on your preference, having owned a few of each I would always still go for a manual but I see that the auto is a great drive still.

On na's however the price difference is far less as the 5 speed w58 gearbox demands alot lower premium due to not being as strong, they will still be more expensive than the autos but only £1-2k difference.

Good luck on your search :)

Thank you mate

- - - Updated - - -

:welcome:

Go drive an auto & tiptronic before you dismiss them

I assume your looking for either a TT or converted single turbo car ?

no way would I go NA TT will do me nice