The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Importing a new beast

swiftstu

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone had any recent good experiences with importing / auction companies?

I am coming back into the world of Supras and considering importing my next one as I cannot really find many in the UK for sale at the moment.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Ta...

Thanks J; Is it the import costs that have gone up or the price of the actual car.. I thought things seemed a little expensive when I was looking last night?

Both, and the exchange rate is pretty dire which really doesn't help.

On the plus side, you can be sure with a fresh import that you're getting something relatively rust free :)

Both, and the exchange rate is pretty dire which really doesn't help.

On the plus side, you can be sure with a fresh import that you're getting something relatively rust free :)

Not necessarily fault free though even when a high auction grade

I looked at manual SZ's and they seem to be over £10K before import costs for a minters, Sz-R's with a 6 speed box well over this!!

I'd try and get one here, but like you are finding it may take some time and these are up in the £7-8K now it seems. Have you seen the silver one in Bognor, that looks reasonable?

I looked at manual SZ's and they seem to be over £10K before import costs for a minters, Sz-R's with a 6 speed box well over this!!

I'd try and get one here, but like you are finding it may take some time and these are up in the £7-8K now it seems. Have you seen the silver one in Bognor, that looks reasonable?

I haven't - where is it being advertised please?

Not necessarily fault free though even when a high auction grade

True, but mechanical faults are often easier and cheaper to fix than rust :) buying a car in the UK is no guarantee that it won't blow up on the drive home either, or that the unobtanium 6 speed getrag gearbox won't start crunching within days or weeks.

At least if you buy through a dealer you have some sort of comeback.