The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help with Work Wheels Fitment

SJMKIV

Hi everyone

I’m planning on getting a set of Work Emotion CR 2-Piece for my Supra and needed some help on the sizing. I've read a lot on the forum, but still seeking some more advice!

Current set up is-

Front- 245/40/18 on 9J ET+43 with 15mm spacers

Rear 285/35/18 on 10J ET +43 with 10mm spacers

I’m running stock rolled fenders front & rear. 356mm brake disks with 8 pot D2 calipers in front and 356mm disks with 4 pot D2 calipers in the rear. As for the suspension, my car is running on Tein SuperStreet coils.

I have no rub at all with my current set up.

Proposed setup (offsets below are matching poke of my existing setup):

Front – 265/35/19 on a 10J ET+38 R Disk

Rear – 295/30/19 on a 11.5J ET+50 A Disk (ideally 305/30/19 if it works with a more aggressive offset; 295 will more more stretched)

I was wondering if a more aggressive offset would work on the rear for my new set up? Wanted to go with something like +25. The more aggressive the offset the deeper the lip/dish will be and that’s the look I want to go for. Will I have issues clearing my brakes?

Also will a slightly more aggressive offset work for the front? Something like +30.

Anyone have any experience with these sizes?

Thanks for the help!

SJ

Hi

Your first calculations are pretty good. I have work wheels in approx those sizes except mine are 18" .... far more comfortable than 19's and better handling in my opinion.

18x9.5 et 37 265/35/18 and 18x11.5 et 49 315/30/18. Rear arches rolled.

Going with too high an offset on the rear 50+ will cause rubbing on the springs/suspension and inner bodywork.

Your more aggressive offsets will not work, the wheels will stick out well past the bodywork, especially the rears, unless you have a wide body setup.

I am not familiar with those calipers so can't comment on clearance. Maybe somebody else ......

Hi

Your first calculations are pretty good. I have work wheels in approx those sizes except mine are 18" .... far more comfortable than 19's and better handling in my opinion.

18x9.5 et 37 265/35/18 and 18x11.5 et 49 315/30/18. Rear arches rolled.

Going with too high an offset on the rear 50+ will cause rubbing on the springs/suspension and inner bodywork.

Your more aggressive offsets will not work, the wheels will stick out well past the bodywork, especially the rears, unless you have a wide body setup.

I am not familiar with those calipers so can't comment on clearance. Maybe somebody else ......

Thanks for the help!

Any one else with any suggestions?

SJ