The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Horn wiring problem

Lewmc93

Hey guys ,

Long story short i had no horn wire so decided to re wire the system again with fresh wire and relay .

Yet it's not working , So far I have

Battery - relay point 30

Ground - relay point 85

Horn - relay point 87 , Horn also to ground

Steering wheel button - relay 86

Tested the horn against tge batterý and it works so its somewhere between all that lot ! Any help would be great ,

15003050460001783670285.jpg

Double check the horn grounding point, run a temporary wire back to the battery ground.

I'll try look for the battery ground now

Where is your horn button earthing?

At the moment just a earthing point just on the inside of the engine bay next to the fender , where the original earth wire went

I'm not even up to that part yet , I've just wired it up over the car for now to check it was working but it's not, the horn is none exsistant when done through the relay , I tried the old relay still not working

Take you horn off and try the wiring behind there. theres a black wite with a white olug. Move it about and see if the horn starts working

I don't have a stock wheel and boss mate , So no clock spring and original wires are used ,

I've just wired it up over the car for now to check it was working but it's not, the horn is none exsistant when done through the relay , I tried the old relay still not working

What does work so far is ....

Battery - 10amp fuse - steering wheel horn connection 1, steering wheel horn connection 2 - horn - ground

So no relay, Do I really need one if it's done this way?