The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Project Suzie

nicky

For the people that are sick of my posts in classifieds

You'll be glad to know I've now bought a single turbo auto supra.

Specs currently are :

Engine:

[email protected]

PHR Fuel Rail

Automotive FPR

Walbro 450 Fuel Pump

ID725 Injectors

AEM Infinity Standalone ECU

Precision 6266 Turbo

Boostlogic Manifold

Tial Wastegate

Kevlar Turbo Blanket

Twin SRD Auto Coolers

HKS Super silent exhaust

3in From turbo Back

FMIC

Shimmed Auto Gearbox by David P

Body

Facelift Front lights with Xenons

Facelift Rear lights

Carbon Front Rmm Style lip

Smoothed front bumper with facelift bar Fitted

Interior

Pioneer Bluetooth/DAB headunit

Momo Millenium Steering wheel ( std one available)

Black facelift headlining

Black Leather Seats

Painted Dash panels

Defi Boost Guage

Aem Wideband Gauge

Clifford Alarm

Brakes

Front Lexus ls400 Calipers with new pads and discs

Rear Std J Spec calipers with new pads discs and shoes

New Brake fluid Flush

Suspension & Wheels

Volk SF challange 18in Alloys

Rear 18x10.5 with Goodyear Eagle f1 285-35-18 new last year

Front 18x9.5 Goodyear Eagle f1 245-40-18 new last year

(Recently refurbished)

Will be changing things/adding things over time I'll post here every time something is new

IMG_0873.jpg

IMG_0868.jpg

IMG_0872.jpg

Edited by nicky (see edit history)

Thanks Chris, yes it's George's old car, still stock autobox, going to leave power how it is for a while until I go manual box, just planning some nice exterior/interior upgrades maybe some performance mods to put in the garage for future use

To be honest mate it drives like a dream, a few very minor issues, needs a pulley changed but only a few issues with the box, sometimes it judders as if it's switching maps when you're very low revs 1st gear crawling

Having a play last night, passed a van in manual mode 2nd on a short straight, good enough surge to pass, and there still for engine braking to get round the immediate double bend and flat out pulling away from last bend. It's a good box when you faff with it.

I WISH i could of come supra pod but i come back off holiday on the 22nd so i JUST miss it :(

+ i think the injectors may be limiting my power too, so when i've got some funds, the autobox and injectors will get swapped out.

Good man and glad to see you got one. Great turbo too good for 700+ with the right transmission (built auto or manual R154/V160) and some 1000 cc bigger injectors :)

Take your time slowly getting to know the car before flooring it please.

I wouldn't have said 750cc injectors would be causing a restriction, I'd put my money on the 3" exhaust or a conservative map due to running the stock autobox.

Correct on "conservative map due to running the stock autobox"

Was going for longevity until I went manual, but that didn't happen lol

Don't worry guys I'm being very sensible in it, especially for now, as soon as it started raining last night I headed home off boost dancing to my music instead of smiling to wastegate chatter.

As George said it's mapped to save the box, so it looks like once I've forged/refreshed the engine in a while I'll look to go manual.

I'm absolutely extatic with the car still, smile every day when I think about owning one.

• 1 month later...

Ok so a little update, I've given the whole car a clean inside and out, engine bay, interior panels off etc (6 hour detail)...

first thing I did was replace my spark plug cover to a whiftbitz carbon cover.

I've had to replace my auto gearbox as the previous one failed, so I got a replacement from lee at SRD which I then took a journey down to David P and had it shimmed!

Whilst that was happening I was on the phone to romain trying to sort a date for a remap, which is now 13th September, so I thought I'd take advantage of the long wait, replaced the 3" HKS silent with a 4" whiftbitz single box exhaust, I'll now be doing a few other bits and bobs before the map so romain can really work his magic on the car.