The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Witch EBC is the best if I would also boost the nr1(?) turbo?

Busemannen

It's confusing to find a good EBC with capabilities to control both turbo's on my TT'96 JDM... Some of them seems to be discontinued while others were top notch a few years ago, but may have been outdated by newer EBC's. Can anyone share their view on this matter?

Unless you have a uk spec I don't see much point in a boost controller, I favour the 1st turbo mod (I too am having trouble locating the thread) and a restrictor ring to cap the top end boost.

OP did you or are you refitting Japanese or UK/Euro spec turbo's?

Found it! This modification will increase boost on the first turbo, I have it set so it gives 0.9 max on the 1st turbo and then my restrictor ring gives me 1.15bar. I suppose if you wanted to chance the turbo's at say 1.25 occasionally then a boost controller will allow this but beyond that I don't think they offer much else do they?

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?4620-All-top-end-on-a-tuned-uk-spec/page5

Is interferes with the 2nd turbo prespool so you don't want to play around too much or else the 1st turbo will get overboosted and the transition to both turbo's will be affected and the 2nd turbo not prespooled sufficiently. The 0.9-1.15bar I have as above gives a smooth transition and very nice low rev response/power.

I'll confess to not knowing exactly how it works! So stuck with the proven pipework setup as described. Once this pipework is in place though it's easy to just open the valve a tiny bit go and test, pull over and open it a bit more etc etc until it's where you want it. I didn't want to go too crazy just up it a little from the stock 0-6-0.7bar but keep a good transition to both turbo's.

Unless you have a uk spec I don't see much point in a boost controller, I favour the 1st turbo mod (I too am having trouble locating the thread) and a restrictor ring to cap the top end boost.

OP did you or are you refitting Japanese or UK/Euro spec turbo's?

Sorry for beeing slow to reply... Is seems as Iv'e got eurospec turbos on a JDM car, ..

Found it! This modification will increase boost on the first turbo, I have it set so it gives 0.9 max on the 1st turbo and then my restrictor ring gives me 1.15bar. I suppose if you wanted to chance the turbo's at say 1.25 occasionally then a boost controller will allow this but beyond that I don't think they offer much else do they?

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?4620-All-top-end-on-a-tuned-uk-spec/page5

Is interferes with the 2nd turbo prespool so you don't want to play around too much or else the 1st turbo will get overboosted and the transition to both turbo's will be affected and the 2nd turbo not prespooled sufficiently. The 0.9-1.15bar I have as above gives a smooth transition and very nice low rev response/power.

Thx for info, It's BPU, but lacks boost control, so I have to get something in there, but I admit the time I am up in the high revs is only a fraction of the time I drive the car, so I'd like a good boost in the lower register ...

Thx for info, It's BPU, but lacks boost control, so I have to get something in there, but I admit the time I am up in the high revs is only a fraction of the time I drive the car, so I'd like a good boost in the lower register ...

I'm the same, the upper rev ranges aren't always reachable for various reasons the low down boost/torque is noticeable all the time and worth having.

As above. The HKS boost controllers IMO are the ones to go for, far better then my old Blitz SBC ID Spec R with ID meter.

I've updated that thread which Burna has linked in the above post with embedded pictures for future use if members need it.

As above. The HKS boost controllers IMO are the ones to go for, far better then my old Blitz SBC ID Spec R with ID meter.

I've updated that thread which Burna has linked in the above post with embedded pictures for future use if members need it.

Thanks for sorting the pictures Rob, I'm hoping to try it soon, once I go back to sequential that is!

You obviously missed post #6 then?

I meant if AEM Trueboost were able to control the nr. 1? (The HKS controller, I've understood is able to boost nr. 1, but is that the only EBC that can do this? It's an expensive piece, but as I understand, gives a far better control over the whole boosting than even Greddy's type r EBC?