The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Zeiretto's 1998 Supra Story/Project

Zeiretto

Yo!

I thought about starting a project thread awhile ago.

The car is finally getting somewhere so I wanted to make a thread now to show you guys my progress!

Still have alot of plans for "her" but for now I need to finish the exterior before starting anything else.

First of all, after owning my TT6 for a couple of months and selling that, I told myself to stop buying Supra's because they're an endless moneypit. :innocent:

I actually bought a 2009 Scirocco 2.0 which was a pretty nice car, but whenever I saw a Supra on a meet or something, this urge of buying one again became worse and worse.

So I was casually browsing the UK classifieds on Gumtree, eBay etc. when I came across this beautiful low mileage '98 Quicksilver FX N/A auto. However, I still had my Scirocco at the time so I couldn't buy it. A friend of mine was also on the lookout for a nice condition Supra, and he ended up buying it. He went to the UK, drove it home and parked it on his driveway... that's when he decided it was still alot of money and he wanted to sell it (I know right)? So I told him to hang on to it until I sold my Scirocco because I wanted it so bad! Couple weeks later and it was in my garage. Good times. :)

Now, it already looked pretty stunning when I bought it, but I always need to modify my cars one way or the other.

I decided I wanted to lose the spats and the OEM option sideskirts to go for spatless and OEM sidepods. So off they went! All sorts of nasty underneath those spats. :taped:

Then came the wheels. The ones on there were damaged and really bad all around. It wobbled like crazy on 60+ mp/h. Went online and purchased these sweet black chromed Aodhan DS2 in 18".

Then came paint. I managed to find myself a UK spec rear bumper aswell.

Sadly it got painted in the wrong color, but my painter will fix it in the near future. :)

After driving around like this it occurred to me the ride height was pretty high. :blink: So... bought some brand new HSD Coilovers.

These are really nice quality, especially for the money. Awesome stuff. Make the car look and handle alot better. Although since this pic I have put it slightly higher to avoid further rubbing.

Now a Supra ain't a Supra if it doesn't sound like it has at least 400 bhp! So had a custom catback exhaust made.

At this time I had ordered an RMM v2 lip from the US but it got sent back to the supplier, then back to me so I waited a long time for it to arrive.

Upon receiving it, it turns out it doesn't fit and seems to be for another car (?).

Really bummed out, because I had an appointment with the painter just in time for a big event next sunday.

Still went ahead with my plans, just without the RMM lip, so tonight I picked her up with the following done:

- New paint on the front bumper (it had some rock chips)

- License plate holes smoothed and custom removable bracket made

- Heckler LED front indicators

- Smoked sidemarkers (also have these on the rear!)

And this is where I am right now. I have already ordered a new RMM v2 front lip so I hope it comes in the mail soon.

Still debating about a TRD rear spoiler (leaning towards staying OEM for now), and maybe a Top Secret style diffuser but I'm afraid I'll demolish that with all these crazy speedbumps here.

I will keep this thread updated whenever I add something to the car (like a 2JZ-GTE lol)!

• 3 weeks later...

OMG can't wait to get mine when I see yours ! haha

It looks really nice, I'll have ~the same setup, the wheels will be some Work Emotion, same front lip (but painted) + some other extras.

We will definately have to meet us for some photoshooting !! :)

• 1 month later...