The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Kieran, Supra na auto, England 😊 (possible project thread)

Guest kcoles1

Guest kcoles1

Hi all, my names kieran and I'm new to the supra scene. Ive been meaning to start a thread for a while but I've been so busy at work and working on the supra, so I'll bring you up to date briefly and carry the thread on from there[emoji4] hope no body minds me just storing my process on here?

(Just to add, if anyone has any questions on the things I've done, more than happy to answer and help[emoji4])

Ok so, I've just bought myself a supra, After seeing it for the past 14 years, was owned by a guy who owns the local chip shop, he imported it[emoji106]

imageimage

It's an auto, 2jzge, Japan import, completely stock, well looked after, hardly driven!

I bought it in a ruff'ish state. Starting and running issues, paint on the roof is thin, needs a good clean inside, out and in the engine bay, desperately needs servicing and general maintenance, belts etc! Although is is very solid underneath, low mileage 88k, older guy owned it and didn't drive it hard, although he had no idea about cars so it's not been as looked after as it should of been[emoji849]

- Ok so I managed to sort out the not starting issue, also it used to die out at high revs, and a messed up idle! I replaced the dizzy cap, and rotor arm, still nothing. So I got a brand new coil, and tried a mates leads and igniter, still nothing! I then used the diagnostic box to read the codes via the engine management light, I also found out that the light didn't work properly cus of a loose connection[emoji23] (one thing after another so far!) Anyway, found out it was the Ecu as the capacitors leak in the board due to age and does funny shit to the car, tried a mates manual NA Ecu and it started (but obviously wouldn't drive) swapped out the Ecu, and boom, runs a dream.

Then I done a full service, plugs were over due[emoji15]

image,

cleaned intake and iacv, cam seals as there were leaky, engine is covered in oil, new set of tyres all round due to cracking, second hand hks jasma cat back as the old one fell off[emoji23]

Now I've started having a major noise from the air con pump, and it's that worn out it was actually smoking earlier (guessing from friction, bearing was f****d) also the coolant is literally orange foam[emoji15]

So I removed all the air con earlier (very easy job) re used the front face of the ac pump to keep the pas pump supported nice and firm (also painted it black) then found I had the wrong belt, so tomorrow I'll pick up a new belt, have measured it roughly so see what I can get in the morning and share what belt fits best[emoji106] I will then follow that with a coolant flush and re fill using Toyota red 50/50 coolant, 70/30 mix, with redline water wetter!

Ok so today I've managed to find a belt that works without having the air con pump, although i must say it was a bi**h to get on!

Incase you're wondering, I ended up using a DAYCO 6PK 1865mm[emoji106] here's a pic of how I used the front of the pump for a bracket, looks decent!

So the cars running, I've took the rad and all out and flushed through with water, took thermostat out and flushed the block, now back together to run some Wynns coolant flush through and then completely flush again, then re full with coolant, and job done. It may seem excessive but if you could see the coolant, you'd understand, a picture does it not justice but here's one anyway! image

Edited by kcoles1 (see edit history)

Everywhere is full of crap, between the radiator and ac rad was full of leaves, not much flow going through there!

/QUOTE]

Check the fuel and brake hard lines that run under the car from front to back these are a known weak point where they go up and over a ledge think it's the rear axle ? Towards the back.

Guest kcoles1
Check the fuel and brake hard lines that run under the car from front to back these are a known weak point where they go up and over a ledge think it's the rear axle ? Towards the back.

Cheers I'll check it out tomorrow morning[emoji106]