The mkiv Supra Owners Club

BLUE PRINT Discs and Pads for UK Spec...

SUPRA4EVA

Noticed my pads are wearing thin and my discs MAY need replacing too.

Been looking at OEM stuff but found BLUE PRINT discs and pads a lot cheaper.

No crazy sh*t, just for regular road use.

I just wanted confirmation that these will fit a UK Spec, numbers SEEM to check out.

Front brake pad ADT34251 (only the 1 type, OEM has 2...)

Rear brake pad ADT34250

Front brake disc ADT343158

Rear brake disc ADT343111

Anyone know if there is an aftermarket kit for the clips and/or shims?

I found a quality Delphi kit for my MR2 in the past...

Check the stock of the rears as they were discontinued! The rears were oem ones in blue print boxes when I bought them 12 years ago!

The front blue print ones are not sided like the oem discs I think the cooling fins are directional on the oem ones?

It all depends on how hard you are going to drive eg normal road use or fast road/track?

Well, I guess the picture does say it all.

I'll just have to get OEM as I do care about my Supra.

Good looking out.

It's just that I've never got parts for a Supra before and it's NOT easy these days finding them, not just brakes and pads. It's pretty much looking at the online catalog to make sure the part is correct and then off making quotes to see who can offer the best price...and I keep giving up lol

Who would you recommend for competitive OEM prices and good to deal with?

I echo the above infact I have a set of nearly new front UK disks you can have mate one has slightly warped so needs skimming but the other is fine. They are genuine most importantly too.

Blue print stuff is crap I only.once used them on my old supra and within a month I was swapping them out as they were noticeably worse than my worn oem ones I had removed.

I have used Bluprint and other third party parts for years, on lots of different cars without any issues whatsoever, by the appearance of the disc i would be inclined to say that the overheat issue was down to pads binding causing the discs to overheat long before the brakes where applied in earnest, and subsequent crash.

Most brakes rotors and pads apart from carbon will end up loosing braking power once certain temps are exceeded, the same could have happened with any make including OEM.

I have used Bluprint and other third party parts for years, on lots of different cars without any issues whatsoever, by the appearance of the disc i would be inclined to say that the overheat issue was down to pads binding causing the discs to overheat long before the brakes where applied in earnest, and subsequent crash.

Most brakes rotors and pads apart from carbon will end up loosing braking power once certain temps are exceeded, the same could have happened with any make including OEM.

The only part that wasn't OEM or uprated were the front discs. The calipers weren't binding. In 4 years, an identical set up except OEM discs have never caused an issue. 3 months these had been fitted, and they cooked after 3 roundabouts, 2 of which weren't particularly hard stops.

I have spoken to Blueprint. They're no longer considered "OEM Equivalent", because they claimed them to be "99% equivalent" in an e-mail to me, which my solicitor was all over like a rash.