The mkiv Supra Owners Club

OS Giken Twin Plate Clutch - V160/R154

Sheefa

Hi all

Bought the above clutch, covered around 5k miles and in excellent condition. Plates have plenty of life in them and it's apparently a lovely solid clutch. Pedal feel is stiffer than stock but I don't mind that.

I was planning to fit it but frustratingly when it came to it found out it was supplied with the wrong conversion kit - one for the R154 instead. Therefore this will ONLY fit the R154 gearboxe as splines on clutch plates are also different.

It's the OS Giken TR Twin Plate Clutch Kit. The TR Clutch lineup is designed for vehicles which have substantial increases in engine power and will be used mostly for racing with mild street use. The billet aluminum cover provides a more direct clutch pedal feel, but still maintains its street drivability due to the unique leverage mechanism of the diaphragm spring which reduces overall pedal effort.

Capable of handling around 700-750rwhp or essentially 600ftlbs torque.

Reason for sale is I think I'm going to upgrade to an RPS Triple or Twin Carbon and the proper V160 clutch obviously instead given I'm running big power on ethanol and aiming for more once exhaust restriction is sorted.

Given condition and all parts needed for fitment I'm looking for £700.

Thanks

Gregimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Reduced to £700 as this is just sitting around.

Will also throw in a set of new flywheel bolts and any new circlips etc I have.

This is a complete kit with clutch, flywheel and pull to push conversion kit and would of cost over £2k new. One of the best you can possibly buy. I'm already losing £200+ on this and gutted I couldn't fit it to mine.

Thanks

Greg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.