The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Less member's/visitor's

jonc

Is it just me or has the forum become more quiet recently.

Now I cant say much because I joined 11 years ago :blink. (How long in sup ownership) and have only made 500 ish posts so im not a regular but on returning to the forum over the past few months it seem a lot quieter. :(

One thing I do smile at are the same questions asked year on year. Some other areas are starting to become more prevalent as time ticks on.

Maybe only me and as I say im not a regular at 60 odd posts a year:D

I'd say it's not 'that' bad considering how few owners there are in general? Be interesting to know what the ratio of forum members to all owners is?

The Wroxhall and Toyota anniversary meets where relatively huge, I very rarely see other non member Supra's around and I suspect the annual import numbers now probably only match the losses ie the Uk population is now shrinking? Are 'we' 10% or 50% of the current owners.

I'd say we are small but still relatively active, some of the members are doing lots of restoring etc work but are not as vocal (posty!) as some of the high bhp owners of the past. The forum has accumulated lots of knowledge and how to's etc so there is less up for discussion than in days gone by.

Having owned and therefore been a member of several "classic" single variety car forums I have watched a few die a slow death with very very little activity, I stopped using many of them other than for historic tech info, I have not felt the same way about this forum however, it is always responsive, has some really interesting and engaging members, has always been well run and organised and it is at times hilarious, yes it is much less active than it was but still a good forum and even as a none MKIV owner I will stay around for as long as the club exists

I've been here so long now, couldn't change my oil or do anything mechanical when I was a newbie and took some flak in those early years for asking age old questions and not using the search button, so try to be helpful and search out threads for others as I often know the member that started it or some key word etc so it'll take me far less time.

This place certainly has quietened down but i think its just because social media is easier to use than the forum these days, on the flip side events such as wroxall abbey just passed, still have the same community spirit and many of the regulars show up. So think the spirit is still alive but just a little sad some don't put the effort into this place anymore.

This place certainly has quietened down but i think its just because social media is easier to use than the forum these days, on the flip side events such as wroxall abbey just passed, still have the same community spirit and many of the regulars show up. So think the spirit is still alive but just a little sad some don't put the effort into this place anymore.

Even though I took all the bookings for Wroxall, I was really pleasantly surprised to see so many new faces at the event! I tried to get round to speak to as many as I could, but to be honest I failed miserably this time, in between running around sorting stuff out, making sure Dee didn't feel abandoned, and battling with Wroxall over things, I just needed to relax with a pimms at the other times :/ So apologies to the new people if I didn't get you involved with everyone else which is what I always aim to do.

Even though I took all the bookings for Wroxall, I was really pleasantly surprised to see so many new faces at the event! I tried to get round to speak to as many as I could, but to be honest I failed miserably this time, in between running around sorting stuff out, making sure Dee didn't feel abandoned, and battling with Wroxall over things, I just needed to relax with a pimms at the other times :/ So apologies to the new people if I didn't get you involved with everyone else which is what I always aim to do.

I wasn't referring to you not putting effort in at Wroxall mate! Wroxall represents the club brilliantly imo.

Was great to see some new people. I think most people got involved. I certainly met a few new faces, and grace had a chat to a few newbies I too, unfortunately I think at one point I was to drunk and chatting shit to someone else I didn't get chance to talk to them. If your reading this sorry :D

I wasn't referring to you not putting effort in at Wroxall mate! Wroxall represents the club brilliantly imo.

Was great to see some new people. I think most people got involved. I certainly met a few new faces, and grace had a chat to a few newbies I too, unfortunately I think at one point I was to drunk and chatting shit to someone else I didn't get chance to talk to them. If your reading this sorry :D

/QUOTE]

No mate! I didn't quote your post thinking that at all! lol Was just quoting the new faces bit lol