The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advice on single turbo mods

coza

Hi

I've recently brought a hks t04z I've never done this before running a lot of power

Does the camshaft need to be changed ?

What clutch would be best to use with this on a 6 speed

How many fuel pumps and which one ?

Is a swirl pot needed ?

I've got a full 3"whifbitz exhaust will this need to be changed ?

Appreciate the help

Thanks

Depends on your power goals buddy. For roughly 600bhp a 3" exhaust will be plenty, 1 fuel pump (such as a Walbro 450lph) without a swirl pot, as for clutch you could go with a Spec clutch which is reasonably cheap but still very well made. I had stock camshafts, Spec street stage 2 clutch, 450lph pump and a 3" exhaust on my 600bhp setup and never had any problems with these items.

Uprated cams will give you a higher power figure but also shift your power curve to the right, stock cams will provide more low down torque but throttle the engine higher up the rev range.

Single in tank pump OK to 600ish, Walbro 255, Bosch 044 or the Walbro 450lph will all do the job, would be on the limits with Walbro 255 though..

What injectors and other fuel mods do you have, what ECU you using?

what fuel pressure reg is a decent one?

Bosch, OEM or maybe an Aeromotive unit.

I would avoid most of the dodgy copy units from ebay, look at suppliers on here like SRD and Whifbitz and see what they have in there fuel kits.