The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fuel pump alternatives to 23221-46070

rider

I'll be removing my fuel tank so figured changing out the 21 year old fuel pump for something newer could be a reasonable call while the tank is off. Been looking up the OE pump 23221-46070 and its a 'really is that correct' on the pricing; ranging from $300 to $420 which will probably translate to £500 Toyota UK which is a bit silly for a fuel pump. What are the options for alternatives for the GTE engine? The OE pump is a Denso unit and DENSO 950-0155 is touted as the one to go for at around £150.

Anyone fitted the DENSO 950-0155 and can confirm all is well in BPU World. Or indeed any other alternatives around that price?

Edited by rider (see edit history)

Always fun to seek out cheap equivalents and there are Chinese parts traders at $5 a unit for multi-buy. Which seems to then retail at around $20..

From $5 to $400 for a 190l/min fuel pump. Amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

Just fit the walbro that everybody does? 70-90£

Do you have the p/n on that Ric?

Received the fuel pump today, not boxed, just loose bubble wrapped. Nothing like the spot a fake guide provided by Walbro.

Did a live chat with Walbro to ask for any other ways to check authenticity. Their CS rep said the only way to ensure genuine was to buy directly from them ($35 international shipping + plus handling + duty). The main difference between genuine Walbro and the not genuine ones is the genuine article has metal gears and the knock-offs have plastic gears. So I asked the Walbro rep the weight of the GSS342 pump. They don't have that information to hand. Found it out online to be 366g during the conversation and my new pump weighs in at 367g so checks out. Walbro CS rep liked this and will suggest to management that they have a weight sheet for all products.

Anyone buying the Walbro GSS342 255lph pumps off eBay retailers, check the weight when you get them - 366g. Its probably the only check on genuine or not genuine there is.