The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What Brake Pads for Twin Turbo?

Bradley1500

I am new to the forum but have owned my Supra for a little over nine months now.

I need to fit new brake pads soon and wanted to get some recommendations of what everyone else has fitted.

The car is an import but has fitted UK-Spec brakes with Goodridge braided hoses, EBC Red Stuff pads, and DBA slotted and drilled discs. I don’t find the EBC pads that confidence inspiring, is there a better alternative?

Thanks.

I can vouch for OEM Toyota, i have them one mine. Car brakes brilliantly

EBC, cant say i have ever heard anything good about them on any forums over the years for any car. Very budget like they seem. Id expect alot of noise and dust to.

I can vouch for OEM Toyota, i have them one mine. Car brakes brilliantly

EBC, cant say i have ever heard anything good about them on any forums over the years for any car. Very budget like they seem. Id expect alot of noise and dust to.

My Dad uses brembo oem spec pads on his celica and they brake better than the oems did, may consider these when i need new pads in years to come

• 3 weeks later...

I have ordered a set of Chris Wilson brake pads – thanks for all the replies. I will update on how I get on with them.

The rest of the brake system on my Supra needs refreshing. I will be flushing the brake fluid through with Motul RBF600, and I was also planning to skim the brake discs before fitting the new brake pads, however after taking the wheels off to measure and make sure the discs are still within tolerance, I noticed some small hairline cracks around the drilled holes on the disc, and thus would now rather replace than skim.

What discs would people recommend that offer a performance benefit over standard?

I have ordered a set of Chris Wilson brake pads – thanks for all the replies. I will update on how I get on with them.

The rest of the brake system on my Supra needs refreshing. I will be flushing the brake fluid through with Motul RBF600, and I was also planning to skim the brake discs before fitting the new brake pads, however after taking the wheels off to measure and make sure the discs are still within tolerance, I noticed some small hairline cracks around the drilled holes on the disc, and thus would now rather replace than skim.

What discs would people recommend that offer a performance benefit over standard?

Can't go wrong with the OEM disc's mate, cheap as chips and coped with no end of abuse I throw at them :thumbs:

And DO NOT buy Blueprint!

Porterfield Fast Road Pads here and not had any problems with stopping very quickly or dust

/QUOTE]

You try the race ones! Dusty as f*ck! I'm thinking of going back to the Fast Road ones next time, but the Race ones stop like nothing else I've tried. Can I have my fast road ones back to try again? :D

Try your local Toyota dealer, some will give you good discount and some wont but certainly worth the call

Compare to http://www.tcbparts.co.uk/

Fantastic – thanks!

I have calculated a set of genuine Toyota discs to be circa £270; that is a lot cheaper than the aftermarket alternatives, but is there no performance benefits to having one of the aftermarket alternatives?

I would have fitted the DBA discs again, but I am not happy with the hairline cracks that have started to appear.

I only ever used Toyota's discs and pads on my UK cars and was always impressed with how well the car stopped so felt

no need for changing to anything else

Some aftermarket stuff is simply junk and not worth the risk imo

Change the brake fluid unless its been done in recent years and the brake lines for braided unless done already

I only ever used Toyota's discs and pads on my UK cars and was always impressed with how well the car stopped so felt no need for changing to anything else

Some aftermarket stuff is simply junk and not worth the risk imo

Change the brake fluid unless its been done in recent years and the brake lines for braided unless done already

Thanks once again. The car already has Goodridge braided brake hoses fitted, and I will be changing the brake fluid for Motul RBF600 as I don’t know when it was last replaced.

I will fit OEM brake discs along with Chris Wilson brake pads and see how I get on. I did like having drilled and grooved discs for aesthetics, but performance is more important.