The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Big single owners, how do you vent your fuel tanks?

berg

I know this is a sore subject, but the threads ive found in searching just turn in to a bitch fest

I know David P has a strong view on capping the vent pipe, but so many others state otherwise due to pressure

Since my car has been mapped on the single, the fuel vent pipe from removing the carbon cannister makes the inside of the car stink of fuel and i really need to sort it, it wasnt noticeable before but i guess now the extra fuel pressure and alot more fuel flowing round its really unbearable

Currently it vents into the passenger wing

Ive tried extending it to the front also but was still getting the fuel smell inside

All im asking is for the guys with single turbos how have you routed your vent pipe so that the smell doesnt enter the car?

I dont want to turn it into a bitch fight :)

I dropped my tank during my build as replaced all the fuel lines and so I ran a breather from the tank to just under behind the drivers side rear wheel. But I also have a valve from work to fit. It freely lets air into the tank unrestricted, but also allows a tiny bit of pressure build up before it opens and vents vapour from the tank.

I dropped my tank during my build as replaced all the fuel lines and so I ran a breather from the tank to just under behind the drivers side rear wheel. But I also have a valve from work to fit. It freely lets air into the tank unrestricted, but also allows a tiny bit of pressure build up before it opens and vents vapour from the tank.

Think I'll have a go at running one at the back instead

I've seen the valves that allow it to breathe but will stop fuel leaking out in the even of an accident/roll over so I may get one of those too seeing as the new breather line will be quite short

Never had this issue with any of the singles I have owned, are you 100% sure you don't have a leak/weep in the system?

I had a TVR that had a leak that clung to the tank and was a very strong fuel smell that alerted me to the issue

I did have a brief look at all the -an fittings and couldn't see any leaking while running

But I am doing an oil change tonight so will be giving it a thorough check

Only other thing I thought of is I'm not using teflon fuel lines and I know that can give off fuel smell but surely not to this extent especially as they are under the car

Spotted a leak from the fuel return pipe :innocent:

Very difficult to see as it was actually leaking from where the an-6 fitting is pushed on the braided hose itself and not the threads, no visual damage or anything on the fitting and it was all the way on the hose properly which is strange

Had a spare though and no more leak

Ive moved the vent pipe anyway just to make myself feel better lol

Spotted a leak from the fuel return pipe :innocent:

Very difficult to see as it was actually leaking from where the an-6 fitting is pushed on the braided hose itself and not the threads, no visual damage or anything on the fitting and it was all the way on the hose properly which is strange

Had a spare though and no more leak

Ive moved the vent pipe anyway just to make myself feel better lol

Glad it was an easy fix !