The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Talking Trackers for Supra

ShawnPreece

Spoke to insurance company about quotes for switching back to the white Supra and they said because of the value of the agreed valuation I would need a tracker fitted....

This is a new area totally for me what places are best to source trackers and do certain ones have advantages over others? or any useful links to info on them etc...

Any help would be appreciated thanks :)

I had a trackback tracker on a evo 6 back in early 2002 car was 3 years old and never hoped I would need it but one day I fitted a new stereo to it and my own mistake I just flicked the live to dashboard mount and heard a pop so 100% done a fuse for dashboard so put everything in car so could take it from work to my own garage and even though I did turn the ignition on etc nothing but drove it out of work locked up the building get back in car phone was ringing with odd number so I blanked it drove no more than 500 meters phone going again same number so I picked it up and it was the trackback saying my car is on very high alert can I confirm my password and that the car is in my hands and all ok? Or the police would be informed immediately!!

Second one was going down motorway a lorry had dropped a board out of a skip with nails in jumping on breaks I hopped I missed it but no I got both side walls front and rear so was a AA job car loaded on low loader and of we went same thing odd number trackback again

So all in all I would and I will be getting another tracker when my supra is back road worthy as had great confidence in the one I had but as say was years ago

Thanks mate :)

I had a trackback tracker on a evo 6 back in early 2002 car was 3 years old and never hoped I would need it but one day I fitted a new stereo to it and my own mistake I just flicked the live to dashboard mount and heard a pop so 100% done a fuse for dashboard so put everything in car so could take it from work to my own garage and even though I did turn the ignition on etc nothing but drove it out of work locked up the building get back in car phone was ringing with odd number so I blanked it drove no more than 500 meters phone going again same number so I picked it up and it was the trackback saying my car is on very high alert can I confirm my password and that the car is in my hands and all ok? Or the police would be informed immediately!!

Second one was going down motorway a lorry had dropped a board out of a skip with nails in jumping on breaks I hopped I missed it but no���� I got both side walls front and rear so was a AA job car loaded on low loader and of we went same thing odd number trackback again

So all in all I would and I will be getting another tracker when my supra is back road worthy as had great confidence in the one I had but as say was years ago

Thats good to hear mate do you know what category tracker you were using and what company did you use?

• 3 weeks later...
A good read as I'm after 1 for my car. I couldn't access the previous group discussion that was mentioned though.

/QUOTE]

You can't see the other thread as it's in members only, you will need to pay the membership to access all areas of the forum.