The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Life of F1s

hadyn

Im currenlty in desperate need for a new set of rear tyres for my Supra as the crap jap 'trampiro' tyres I have on mine at the moment have absoloutely no grip, fishtail in the dry when booted and the car feels very twitchy at high speed cornering :(

Im considering a pair of goodyear F1s on the rears in 275/35/18, my question is how long can I expect these tyres to last?? I've seen 6k miles mentioned a lot, but my use would be 300 miles a week mild a-road driving mixed with a few spirited blasts every now and again. So how long could i expect them to last?? 300 quid every 6k miles is very very very expensive unfortunately!!

I've always known what a good tyre the F1 is, but my mate who drives an NA Supra has put a set of F1s on replacing the crap jap tyres that came over with his, and he says that they have completely transformed the car and he can actually enjoy the car instead of fishtailing all over the shop :)

ive had mine on for about 7K miles now, still plenty of grip. on average i probably do about 250 miles a week, only struggled for grip when i got caught in 3 inches of snow over the Yorkshire dales, that was only for a few secs (in which the back end was going wherever it wanted to, not me!). think at this rate theyve got another few thousand in them