The mkiv Supra Owners Club

N/A - T conversion.

Guest NJT73

Guest NJT73

Hi all,

Could anyone out there who has done this conversion give me any advice. I am considering buying an N/A and going down this route to keep to a reasonable budget, as the good clean TT's are spiralling out of my reach by the day. I would be interested in knowing what parts or mods to existing parts are needed, cost v performance results and basically anything else. Thanks:help:

I was going to put this up as well, looking to turbo my na but really like the whifbitz turbo kit now that they have a front mount intercooler but would like to now has anyone fitted one off these yet? Sorry for jumping in on your thread chum but the more help we can get the better. There is a black na t from pjavon100 ( don't no if he is a member but his car looks amazing [emoji3]

Guest NJT73

No problem jumping on my thread. Where can i see pjavon100 pictures ? I have also seen the whifbitz turbo kit and would like to get any feedback.

If you're not too fussed about brand name then have a look at the XS Power 2JZ-GE turbo kit. All you'd need after is injectors and a piggyback. Anything over 420bhp and you'll need to get a different gearbox!

People have been posting about NA-T stuff for the best part of 15 years now. Unfortunately your best bet is to get a beer or 10 and just start trying to research it all. There's a lot to take in and small bits here and there that people rarely mention but you'll quickly build up your knowledge and be a lot more comfortable with what you'll be undertaking.

I've got the Whifbitz kit and from my experience, it basically all bolted up as described. Just what I was after. I couldnt be bothered with all the constant modifying and tweaking bits to get it to work. But some people will happily do that to save a few pennies. I added a few extras such as a standalone ECU and some gauges for peace of mind.

What you have to remember is that these cars are around 20 years old now so you will be replacing parts as you go through the conversion. That's where it can potentially ruin a tight budget. I ended up renewing my entire ignition system as it wasn't coping with boost. You'll need a clutch too if you get a manual and don't forget the cost to map the car. It'll be a few bob.

If you've got a price in mind and have totalled up all the things you think you'll need....double it and you'll be pretty close to what you'll actually spend. I reckon I wasn't far off £10k all in. Best money I've spent on my car though :D

Edited by Style (see edit history)

Guest NJT73

Thanks guys, looks like i got alot of reading to do.

Can someone clarify the manual and auto box numbers i would need for 400 hp+ .