The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Removing silencer on a nur spec

ripped_fear

As above. Has anyone ever removed the second small silencer on a nur spec r when on a tt bpu. I have just had my car put back to sequential so it will be fairly civilised when cruising but I want it to liven up when hooning. Want some more pops and bangs.

Do we think removing the small silencer would achieve the noise I want while keeping civilised when cruising.

This all stems from following Darren on a drive, and his has a hks silent power and was banging like crazy, and it sounded incredible.

I ideally don't want to swap the nur spec as I do love its tone

Edited by ripped_fear (see edit history)

It would probably be more of a drone I'd say if you want the noise (as is I did lol ) then single turbo is the way lol

Dispite what people say you can run a single swap and still run a stock ecu ect as long as your fueling is on point to witch 99% of the time it is, plus it's a job you can do your self and you will get all the pops and bangs you like

I reckon that's going to drone to death, have a word with Tim at TB Developments for a custom one and see what he say.

In regards to pops and bangs, as Lee says that's really only on a single, and as he says you can run a single on a stock ECU, and then just a piggy back to tweak the fueling. But you aren't going to be able to add a custom 'pops and bangs' map, you would need an aftermarket ECU for that, that's when it all starts to get rather expensive, just depends how badly you want pops and bangs mate lol

Just to clarify guys im not talking about a pops and bangs map to sit there in a car park or getting that 'single sound', im just talking about it poping on let off after flooring it. I know this is possible with some exhaust's, Mr smee is living proof of that on just bpu with the silent, and luke is too with a trial even though his has a standalone so that would explain his.

Single is out of the question curtently. Money simply isnt there, and tbh curently im still happy with it in bpu.

I love the nur spec just wondering if anyone has tried it with just the back box and removing the smaller centre exhaust. TBH in sequential she isnt that loud as it stands anyway so happy for it to get louder, just dont want it to drone at 70-80mph like it does in TTC mode.

Which Nur spec is it? I only know of the straight thru' one to the resonator can.

Pop or bang on let off is down to fueling, not the exhaust. Pig has made mine go bang on purpose before whilst he drove it hard on a DBv2 once, I've never been able to do it myself. You could fit a cheap piggy back and have it mapped to over-fuel on let off I guess, and then the fuel would ignite in the hot exhaust to give you the pop/bang.

Which Nur spec is it? I only know of the straight thru' one to the resonator can.

Pop or bang on let off is down to fueling, not the exhaust. Pig has made mine go bang on purpose before whilst he drove it hard on a DBv2 once, I've never been able to do it myself. You could fit a cheap piggy back and have it mapped to over-fuel on let off I guess, and then the fuel would ignite in the hot exhaust to give you the pop/bang.

Looks like an r. Looks identical to this...

https://www.rhdjapan.com/blitz-nur-spec-r-muffler-exhaust-system-jza80.html

Yeah I thought exhaust would play a part in this though as my old na would bang with my first exhaust but didn't on my second.

I do currently have a piggy back fitted but unfortunately it's an fcon silver so no one maps them

Like you say, looks like an extra silencer. What you could try first is having a pipe made to replace that. Send it to Tim, he'll make one to match but straight thru', then fit it and try that first. If it doesn't drone and pops and bangs then winner winner chicken dinner :D

Have a word with Littlenum and find out who his mapper is, the guy maps pretty much everything as far as I know.

Edited by Burna (see edit history)

Like you say, looks like an extra silencer. What you could try first is having a pipe made to replace that. Send it to Tim, he'll make one to match but straight thru', then fit it and try that first. If it doesn't drone and pops and bangs then winner winner chicken dinner :D

Have a word with Littlenum and find out who his mapper is, the guy maps pretty much everything as far as I know.

Thanks mate Lee at srd has offered to do it while it's there I was just looking for opinion before I go for it.

Ah that's good to know cheers. Will drop him a pm

Thanks mate Lee at srd has offered to do it while it's there I was just looking for opinion before I go for it.

Ah that's good to know cheers. Will drop him a pm

/QUOTE]

Let us know how you get on with this, Be nice for mine to do the same lol

I remember my old MR2 Turbo with Nurspec exhaust .. as soon as it was de catted it used to pop and bang ... loved it

Let us know how you get on with this, Be nice for mine to do the same lol

I remember my old MR2 Turbo with Nurspec exhaust .. as soon as it was de catted it used to pop and bang ... loved it

Will do mate! Im probably going to hold off untill i have it back from srd so i can judge the money situation. :D