The mkiv Supra Owners Club

C63 amg???

raddys

Hi guys

So basically the itch for a new car has got me, ive had supra's for the past 2 and a bit years now and ive got the itch for some thing BIG. Ive narrowed it down to c63 amg, e92 m3, rs4 convertible or lexus ISF.. you can see where im going with this, basically i want a revvy v8 thats quite modern. From that list of 4 its the c63 thats tempting me the most as it just sounds like thunder.. so my question is does anyone own ones of these? Or has driven one?

Atm ive got the Supra for play, a vw Touareg for long cruises etc and an incredible dull astra for work, id potentially want to sell the supra and touareg and and combine the touaregs comfy 4 seats with the supras speed (hence ive ended up looking at 4 door v8's).

I know its a completely different driving experience from the supra so just looking for any advice on them.

Maintenance and mpg are not an issue as like my supra it would only be my weekend toy.

So any advice is much appreciated or even suggestions as to what you guys think would be ideal as my next car :)

Ps. 4 doors not a necessity, and the budget would be about 25k ish

Thanks

Looking at the same cars for a friend at the moment. Possibly including the rs4 and rs6 estates though as he wants understated.

A friend has the c63, I love it as does he, sounds and looks fantastic. He had the m3 before that, reckons the Merc is much better as an all round car, drives nicer.

Aren't the RS Audi's a potential money pit ? same as the Mercs it would appear

Yes ive got to say the rs4 is the least favourite from the bunch.. as for the merc being a potential money pit i dont think they are that bad, looking at worst case scenario, a used box is 1-1.5k, front discs and pads around £4-500, obvs servicing is not cheap but i wouldnt put that many miles on it. Other then that they seem to be pretty reliable cars with no major factory defects reported.

you can take out a warranty which may help. My friend has never had any issues but I did read someone paying £2,500 for front discs and pads!!

/QUOTE]

Yes i also read that, but im quite a hands on person and can do simple jobs like brakes myself, if you pay 2.5k for discs and pads i consider you a total moron lol.

As i said the disc's and pads (assuming you dont have a car with the carbon brakes) are around £4-500 and fitting is a piece of piss.

To many people with high end cars and no clue go to a dealer and get shafted and then complain about it online lol

i had a brand new merc in 2015, in terms of reliability and quality of service from merc its the worse car/experience ive ever had.

avoid merc full stop is my opinion

I have heard mercs customer service is dreadful before tbh, but tbh VW is just the same and i found toyota not much help either.. unless your in the showroom buying a new car then nobody is interested in helping, they are all the same.

The c63 id be interested in would be 08-10 plate so i wouldnt bother with main dealers anyway.

When you say worst car though, what do you mean?

Can a 15 plate merc really be that bad? Or was it minor things like squeaks?

Cheers

What discs and pads would you be fitting for £400-£500 ?

EBC if memory serves me, post 2011 i believe is when they get expensive as they are carbon and 700ish per corner

- - - Updated - - -

£500 was only front disc's and pads

Aren't the RS Audi's a potential money pit ? same as the Mercs it would appear

Yes they are , model depending, O2/Cat temp sensors , T belt chains all require an engine out at the cost of 8K prior work, its a slow procedure and cannot be rushed apparently

Even though they have Timing chains designed to last the life of the car , the engineers overlooked the quality of the tensioners , they are buried against the firewall

The cost of building , maintaining a single Supra is beer money in comparison

i had a brand new merc in 2015, in terms of reliability and quality of service from merc its the worse car/experience ive ever had.

avoid merc full stop is my opinion

I own a 350 c class and it is superb. Very good mpg and decent power for a diesel. The car is now at 70k and superb. Cant fault merc at all and would highly recommend them:p. My next one will probably be a c63 but the sup will be staying as im about to spend a small fortune:D

I own a 350 c class and it is superb. Very good mpg and decent power for a diesel. The car is now at 70k and superb. Cant fault merc at all and would highly recommend them:p. My next one will probably be a c63 but the sup will be staying as im about to spend a small fortune:D

I worked for Merc until earlier this year, although I only got to experience two new cars (2015 and a 2016 model) they were both absolutely amazing. The thing to remember with service, is it's not actually Mercedes providing it, assuming you got it from a retailer. They're all franchises, so if you had a bad experience at one, you're well within your rights to find your next nearest retailer that's under different ownership, and take it there. Same goes for most car manufacturers.