The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hidden My Washer Tubes

a98pmalcolm

Not much of an interesting one I'm afraid but I stopped sharing the things I have been doing more and more so I thought I'd start again with updates on what I do to my Supra.

So since I have had a fiberglass bonnet My washer hose has always been slightly squished as there is no way of routing it like a stock bonnet.

Then to add, moving my washer bottle to the boot resulting in even less power to the washers making them near doing nothing so, time to sort this out.

I totally redid the hose from the bonnet to boot to be move all stock joiners and manky old hose.

I replaced my jets with Lexus IS200 ones last year.

But the improvement was drilling a hole at the side of the bonnet near the oem house guide for the hose to go directly inside the fiberglass bonnet to eliminate the hose from being squished between the bonnet, scuttle seal and gas strut.

I now have functioning washer jets :D

And the added bonus of a tidy look of no hoses ;)

Edited by a98pmalcolm (see edit history)

Thanks Guys :)

Apologies if I sound stupid but how does the washer tube get from the boot to the engine bay? I've always struggled to understand this.

Does it go under the car or do you thread it through the inside of the car?

Really showing my lack of knowledge.

Its actually quite simple, behind the passenger wing and I fed it through where my rear washer hose went as I don't use it, I actually have the rear jet flushed off.

Its easily accessible from removing the arch liner rather than removing the wing.

Once its fed into where the rear hose went just run it down the side under the hockey stick, then rear passenger plastics then boot :)

If feeding it through the car isn't your thing then just extend the rear washer hose into the boot bottle and connect the front jets to the hose that goes into the rear behind the wing. But that's further for the water to travel and I thought it would be good to refresh the hose and eliminate as many joiners as possible

Edited by a98pmalcolm (see edit history)