The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HKS F-Con Pro V Gold - Tuners

JamesArup

Hi guys,

I just wanted to check to see if anyone still maps the HKS F-Con Pro V units these days? I know they are a very good ECU, but also I know they needed some specific HKS-sanctioned software to be able to map them. It wasn't that easy to find people with this software in my area (South East), so I was wondering if this is still the case.

Ryan G was the last person to do it for me over at Surrey Rolling Road, but I am not sure if he's still active? That was about 3-4 years ago, so I am pretty sure it could do with a bit of a checkup (although the car seems to be running fine when I get the chance to drive it). Either that, or I need to look for a replacement to the F-Con that's more easily mapped!

Cheers,

James

Cool .. thanks guys, it's good to know that there are still options out there. I am not in the UK at the moment, but I wanted to try and organise something for my next trip back, just to make sure everything checks out. The car spends most of it's time under covers right now, so I don't want her to start rotting away :)

TDI aren't miles away, but it's still on the opposite side of London to me, at least 2 hours I reckon. Does anyone do what Ryan used to do, and come out to you (for a fee of course) where they will map it on a local rolling road (in my case Surrey Rolling Road).

Krister - that sounds interesting :D. I don't think I would ever want to mess around with it myself, but it would be good to have the software 'just in case' for the future!

Thanks again,

Cheers.

Sam Borgman is still at Tdi.

He has always been part of life racing, as life racing developed the syvecs ecu, and Sam was one of the guys who helped with the development of it

Not sure where you got that info from but to my knowledge none of it is correct.

Sam has never been part of Life (until now) or Syvecs, working for TDI he was a customer of both companies.

Not sure where you got that info from but to my knowledge none of it is correct.

Sam has never been part of Life (until now) or Syvecs, working for TDI he was a customer of both companies.

Sam told me a while ago, that he was involved with the development of syvecs, through life racing, along with a couple of others.