The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Back on the road

Patrick_Devlin

ITS BACK....

After 6 months sitting in the driveway I've finally got the Supe back on the road again. Fantastic. Its like I've just bought the car again. I'd forgotten what it was like to drive and how quick I could get upto silly speeds.

Only thing now is that I'm back in that frame of mind where all I can think about is modding it more!!!

I started working on a temporary contract down in Farnborough in July. It was only supposed to be for 9 weeks. I am still there !!!! It's one of the reasons I havent been on the BBS since last summer (I'm on a crappy dial up connection).

I was provided with a car throughout the week and didnt really have much need for the Supe during the weekends. So I decided to save (well spend on something else) some money by taking it off the road. The contract is coming to an end soon (May) so I thought now would be a good time get things up and running again.

I started working on a temporary contract down in Farnborough in July. It was only supposed to be for 9 weeks. I am still there !!!! It's one of the reasons I havent been on the BBS since last summer (I'm on a crappy dial up connection - oh, and I've been f*cking busy).

I was provided with a car throughout the week and didnt really have much need for the Supe during the weekends. So I decided to save (well spend on something else) some money by taking it off the road. The contract is coming to an end soon (May) so I thought now would be a good time get things up and running again.

Great kick mate. Been taking it relatively steady as I dont want to do the engine a mischeif after being stationery for so long.

The only problem is that I've been driving a diesel for the past few months and the petrol gauge doesnt move... so its a bit disconcerting to see the fuel gauge plummeting down after putting in £55 worth of Optimax in the tank.

The only problem is that I've been driving a diesel for the past few months and the petrol gauge doesnt move... so its a bit disconcerting to see the fuel gauge plummeting down after putting in £55 worth of Optimax in the tank.

I get the same thing evry weekend, I drive a diesel during the week. sometimes I dont drive the supra for 3 weeks. It feels so quick even after only a few weeks. :D :D

Although I can get to London in the diesel, and the fuel gague wont even reach the full mark (if i've brimed it at the pump). I cant even get into town, without the gague moving on the Supra.

I think we should rate the Supra in smiles per gallon not, miles. that way it seems alot better :woot: