The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Silencer recocomendations ?

Lewmc93

Been getting tired of long journeys with constant drone/ loud exhaust , plus our street is full of family's with young kids and babies so feeling a bit sly coming in late at times waking the gods up.

As far as I know the exhaust is a custom 3" SS straight through with a HKS Priest tailpipe on , its stupidly loud and looking to dial it back a bit , best option would be the tanabe exhaust but don't really have the funds right now and i doubt someone would do a swap type exhaage , so getting a silencer welded into the mid pipe seems the best option so far for keeping BPU standards.

Anyone have any reccomendations ? There's powerflow which is a franchise so not sure about them or demon tweeks have a range of Flowmaster ones,

Been getting tired of long journeys with constant drone/ loud exhaust , plus our street is full of family's with young kids and babies so feeling a bit sly coming in late at times waking the gods up.

As far as I know the exhaust is a custom 3" SS straight through with a HKS Priest tailpipe on , its stupidly loud and looking to dial it back a bit , best option would be the tanabe exhaust but don't really have the funds right now and i doubt someone would do a swap type exhaage , so getting a silencer welded into the mid pipe seems the best option so far for keeping BPU standards.

Anyone have any reccomendations ? There's powerflow which is a franchise so not sure about them or demon tweeks have a range of Flowmaster ones,

Hi fitting a silencer where your 2nd decat should be or refitting your 2nd cat back in will reduce the "drone" on long runs.......powerflow can fit said silencers and will be cheaper then Demon Tweeks option IMHO

see you next week at our monthy meet :D

Cheers

-Ian-