The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Replace speedo face rather than use a converter?

muckyman

Hi all

is there an available option whereby you can simply change the speedo dial face to read MPH on a facelift import turbo, rather than fitting a speedo converter?

I'm fine with the odo still counting in KM, and thought that an easy solution would be to put in a new dial with markings in MPH (ie so that where the needle used to point at 100kph, it still points to the same place but the dial now shows this as 60mph)

I couldn't find much on a search on here......

ta

Michael

I emailed them and they gave me a set for my facelift. Nice dials and I prefer this method to speedo converters because it means there's no mixing of miles and KM on the odo.

I've emailed them too and am awaiting a response. Don't suppose you have any pics?

Did you just change the speedo or did you do them all?

I did them all, might as well once you've got the cluster out.

Pic: There are also bits which go where the warning lights are on the sides of the cowl but I couldn't get them to show up on my phone with the lights off.

I did them all, might as well once you've got the cluster out.

Pic: There are also bits which go where the warning lights are on the sides of the cowl but I couldn't get them to show up on my phone with the lights off.

http://i.imgur.com/i4r0icJ.jpg

I really like those. Did you get them custom made? As on the metal monkey they only seem to go to 110

To put them on you have to pull off all the needles while making a note of where they were, then pull off the old faces and put the new ones on. I used a fork to pry off the needles.

The new dials come with double sided tape and just stick on. You might also need to pull the needle stops off the old faces and superglue them on I don't remember.

The only difficult bit is getting the speedo needle back on in the right place. It might take some driving around with a GPS speedo to get it right. Luckily I had an apexi digital speedo thing so I could get a direct reading from the ECU.

• 3 years later...

I know this is an old post, but is there a new website or something? I found the site last month and was planning to make an order but now the linked Magic-Monkey site goes to some sticker and stencil company. Hoping they are still making layover faces... Anyone have some contact info they don't mind sharing?

• 4 months later...