The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What's it worth, parts.

Al Massey

Alright guys.

I'm going to be stripping the supra bit by bit too release some much needed funds so I'm after ballpark figures of their worth so I can advertise them.

Unless anyone knows a good loan shark lol

Anyway, the bits that will most likely up for sale soon as they are worth the most will be

GTE engine

Either incomplete with all ancillaries including intake, fuel rail with Sard 850cc injectors.

Mileage is around 85K

Or with the exhaust manifold and the precision 6262 turbo.

Or is it worth stripping down and selling everything separately?

Also the V161 gearbox with short shift and prop.

No diff.

Mileage unknown, no knocks etc

Reason for me selling is that I'm broke, literally.

There's nothing wrong with the engine or gearbox.

It's worth more split down just the hassle of getting rid of everything separately.

I am interested in everything to under the bonnet engine incl exhaust, wiring etc. Everything from the bulkhead to the front of the car as my shell has nothing also ecus too pm me a price

:( got my first taste of a single turbo in this supra when rob owned it years ago, sad to see it's going to be broken.

Not that I have the money to buy it, but maybe someone out there would? What sort of money would you be looking for the whole car?

:( got my first taste of a single turbo in this supra when rob owned it years ago, sad to see it's going to be broken.

Not that I have the money to buy it, but maybe someone out there would? What sort of money would you be looking for the whole car?

The whole car is in bits at the moment anyway.

I have rebuilt the rear subframe with brand new parts, have many more parts that were to go in.

I'm hoping not to sell the shell and chassis, so I can get that sanded down, have a project to work on and get a new engine and gearbox at a later date.

That's the plan.

Having a house and a second child is a killer, plus the missus is bad at spending lol

I'd guess the price for all the parts. (As said he wants as much bang for buck and doesn't want to sell the shell. I would guess to rebuild when funds have returned.)

Engine with ancillary's 3k~

Engine without 2k~

Gear Box 5-6k~

Turbo kit 2k~

Syvecs with everything needed sensors looms etc 1-1.5k~

Sad to see your selling/parting hope to see it back together one day.

The whole car is in bits at the moment anyway.

I have rebuilt the rear subframe with brand new parts, have many more parts that were to go in.

I'm hoping not to sell the shell and chassis, so I can get that sanded down, have a project to work on and get a new engine and gearbox at a later date.

That's the plan.

Having a house and a second child is a killer, plus the missus is bad at spending lol

Yes mine was off road 18months after 'we' spent more than 'we' should on the house we moved to.

As you say if you keep the shell it gives you a goal.

I'd guess the price for all the parts. (As said he wants as much bang for buck and doesn't want to sell the shell. I would guess to rebuild when funds have returned.)

Engine with ancillary's 3k~

Engine without 2k~

Gear Box 5-6k~

Turbo kit 2k~

Syvecs with everything needed sensors looms etc 1-1.5k~

Sad to see your selling/parting hope to see it back together one day.

Cheers for that :)

Yes mine was off road 18months after 'we' spent more than 'we' should on the house we moved to.

As you say if you keep the shell it gives you a goal.

The house isn't that bad, it's all the other debts that have mounted up and it's not really living if that's where all our money goes.

I decided I'd rather be happy and have money then be skint every month with a racecar in the garage.

Mate I am really sad to see this post! I hope you don't have to resort to sell your car off.

/QUOTE]

Hopefully not, but I've had a good run with this one being my fourth.

Had Supra's for 11 years now lol

And hopefully I'll be keeping the shell to work on and rebuild, if not I'll get a dog NA auto to strip and build up.

I won't be going anywhere