The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mapping this wknd - What will it make ?

_Shane_

Well my Supra is off for mapping on Saturday and just wondering what power it will make. The garage is a few hours drive so i will be dropping the car this weekend and collecting it the following weekend. They will let me know what power it made once the mapping and dyno is done :)

Spec is 1995 J-Spec (62k miles)

Stock bottom end

HKS 264 cams & cam pulleys

HKS T51 SPL Turbo Kit, virtual works manifold

Large fmic with 3'' piping

90mm TB with aftermarket intake manifold

4'' full system turbo back

PHR fuel kit (888cc injectors)

Irish fuel 95 octane

Just to have a bit of fun the person to guess the closest bhp @ the flywheel will receive a gift :)

Ya Chris we only got 95RON here, if i had access to 99 I would have that in the car. I honestly dont know what it will make but from talking to people over here regarding mapping everyone seems to say the big let down is the crap fuel and the car wont see no where near the figures some of you have said.

I personally am expecting about 650-700 @ fly wheel

Forgot to answer your question regarding fuel setup (just copied and pasted my spec) I believe my fuel kit was once owned by Tony (TLicense on here) and from what he said iirc is that the injectors are 888cc at 3bar. Also have a HKS DLI installed.

Ecu is AEM v1

Fueling

WOTM customised fuel hanger

Twin Walbro fuel pumps

Fully custom fuel pump wiring (With individual fuses and ECU controlled relays)

Aeroquip Startlite -6 hose inside tank fuel

Aeroquip fuel hanger bulkhead fittings

Customised fuel tank cover

Aeroquip -8 racing hose fuel feed

Aeroquip fuel filter

Jiffy-tite -8 dry break fuel filter fittings

Twin Aeroquip -6 racing hose fuel rail feeds

Power House Racing fuel rail

Siemens 870cc low impedance injectors

Resistor pack

Aeroquip -6 racing hose fuel central fuel return

Aeroquip fuel pressure regulator

A-TEK -2 fuel pressure reference hose

Jiffy-tite -6 dry break fuel pressure regulator fittings

Aeroquip -6 racing hose fuel return hose

Aeroquip Startilite -6 fuel tank breather hose.

Custom made carbon fibre fuel hose mounting brackets

Customised fuel tank cover

Above all with ATek quick release fittings to make fitting easy

You won't know because rolling roads are notoriously unreliable. When I first got my Skyline it came with two rolling road dyno sheets, from two different, well known rolling road operators. One was 520 FWHP and the other about 540 FWHP. One made no sense at all as it was physically impossible for the torque and power lines to cross where they did, and the other had built the engine. For fun I put the engine, straight out of the shell, onto a proper engine dyno and it was making 348 BHP. The mapping was terrible and if run hard on track, rather than up Santa Pod a few times, it would surely have eaten itself, so I have a healthy distrust of most rolling roads, especially friction drive ones, and particularly inertia ones.

It is a dyno dynamics rolling road. From what i have heard these are meant to give a true power reading as opposed to other rolling roads.

And yes i agree with what you said above as my first Supra i bought here years ago came with a dyno print out showing it somewhere between 450-500 bhp (flywheel) and when i got the exact same car dyno'd a few years later on the rollers which i am going to this weekend the car made 397 bhp and 430 ft lbs

Guest Budz86

I might get shot for this but I have a feeling you'll struggle to put down 600hp on the rollers, probably be around 550. It's a big turbo, big TB and crap fuel; you won't be able to advance the timing safely enough as it will just det its head off. Above is at the wheels, fwhp is just a guess unless you use an engine dyno. Boost wise you'll probably make 1.6 bar at 6k, and around 450 ft lbs.

Yes, that fuel begs for water injection. Nothing fancy, just a pressure switch operated system would be fine. I would also want to KNOW that det was being monitored properly (by testing it with some mild self induced det) and that the fail-safes toggled by it were fully operational.

Yes, that fuel begs for water injection. Nothing fancy, just a pressure switch operated system would be fine. I would also want to KNOW that det was being monitored properly (by testing it with some mild self induced det) and that the fail-safes toggled by it were fully operational.

Chris can you spec out a WI kit

I used to use and fit a lot of the basic Aquamist kits, that ran a pressure switch, a relay and a pump. Very simple, and reliable. They then constantly brought out more and more complex kits with their own "ECU" control. For 90% of people with road cars these are OTT and expensive, and need hacking into factory injector and ecu wiring, which is always a bit of a kludge, even when done neatly, but I believe the old basic kit is no more. The new kits use a HUGE pump that to me looks just like the crop sprayer pump I use on the tractor... But at several times the price ;) With WI you just need something straightforward that pumps water in at over say 0.9 to 1.2 bar of boost.

Maybe you should look at producing your own kit Chris :)

The old ERL kits do pop up on eBay from time to time if you want the old school no frills install. It looks like they have discontinued the most basic kit they did sell (HFS2-v3) that I bought which is a detuned version of the HFS3 system. I don't understand why Richard wants to make the kits so complicated and expensive to buy...