The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Facelift bumper side indicators on pre facelift bumper??

brom86

Has anyone fitted facelift side indicators on a pre facelift bumper? My facelift car has a pre facelift bumper which am looking to convert fully. I have the grill bar and side indicators purchased and the looms are still behind the bumper. Am basically looking to see how hard it is to cut into the bumper and what the measurements are for it imageimage

If you don't get sorted this afternoon, remind me on fb messenger later bud, I'll take some pics of the holes behind the side repeaters and try to get some approximate measurements too. I imagine you'd probably just need to mask the area with some white tape, draw the shape you want to cut and then use a dremel to cut it out.

If you don't get sorted this afternoon, remind me on fb messenger later bud, I'll take some pics of the holes behind the side repeaters and try to get some approximate measurements too. I imagine you'd probably just need to mask the area with some white tape, draw the shape you want to cut and then use a dremel to cut it out.

Aw your a gentleman jim thanks very much for that. That's exactly what am looking for 🖒

On the passenger side, you can pull the loom back to the front of the arch from the where the pre-facelift side indicator is. Just have to take out the arch liner and plastic loom cover.

Drivers side, same as above but you have to extend one of the two the pre-facelift side indicator cables.

I did mine this way as I didn't like the idea of the pre-facelift side indicator loom just sitting behind the wing doing nothing, think its the better way to do it.

On the passenger side, you can pull the loom back to the front of the arch from the where the pre-facelift side indicator is. Just have to take out the arch liner and plastic loom cover.

Drivers side, same as above but you have to extend one of the two the pre-facelift side indicator cables.

I did mine this way as I didn't like the idea of the pre-facelift side indicator loom just sitting behind the wing doing nothing, think its the better way to do it.

It's a facelift car I have. Wings are facelift it's just the front bumper that needs holes cut into the side

It's a facelift car I have. Wings are facelift it's just the front bumper that needs holes cut into the side

/QUOTE]

Totally ignore then :D

I assumed not having a facelift front bumper fitted it was a pre-facelift, serves me right for not reading the first post properly!

Hello matey I put these on a facelift bumper when I took mine off I had taken a measurements off a facelift so I could see where to put them but inside the bumper was already marks of where they go! Ahh surprised me!! This was a 94 l reg!

Oh is that right I'll need to have a look