The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SRD Idler pulley

cainhead

Hello,

Just picked up an SRD idler pulley and got in installed. However it won't spin. Replaced original one and no issues. Does anyone know if it needs a spacer/washer of any sort?

Cheers

depending on the tensioner it may need a washer behind it, I can stick you something in the post that will do it

Edited by Lee P (see edit history)

Hey Lee, thanks for the reply. It's a uk spec standard tensioner if that makes any difference. Is it just a standard washer that goes on behind the pulley. I noticed the ring clip that holds in the bearing has two little tabs that seem to stick out. Is that right?

Cheers

depending on the tensioner it may need a washer behind it, I can stick you something in the post that will do it

Did you install the standard washer on the front too? when i fitted some polished pulleys that was too large and it was pressing on the pulley instead of the bearing, needed a smaller one.

Strangely mine didn't have a washer on there. The flange on the bolt is the size of a washer, but like I say works okay with the standard pulley. I take a standard stainless washer would be okay to use?

Cheers

Perhaps i mean the bolt and confused it with a washer. The standard one was way too large and pressed on the outside of the bearing so it wouldnt spin, i just replaced with a smaller one

That makes sense, will have a dig around the garage and see if I can find something to fit.

Cheers