The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is this UK auto cheap or fairly priced?

Guest Rsb

Spotted this on pistonheads as my insurance is due soon so was trying to get an idea of values.

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/toyota/supra/toyota-supra-twin-turbo-automatic/7276859

I know there have been lots of discussion about insurance valuations and manuals might be pushing £30k but I thought a decent unmolested auto with low miles etc might be closer to £18-20k but might be wrong.

Anyway, maybe someone is getting a bargain. Looks very clean but not overly informative as about parts / service history.

Is the EBay one a UK car? I imagine (hope) they have a higher value for some people. Not that there is anything wrong with a Jap spec.

Just spoke to the seller he says nothing major has been replaced so just general servicing it's not had an intercooler or diff cooler during his ownership since 2014. Serviced at toyota for last 3 years so for me it's at the high end pricing really for an auto. Looking at the pics it needs a headlight refurb or new ones, wheels need refurb and it doesn't look that clean underneath the arches too me.

It's not that far from me so if anyone wants me to pop up and look I could do

Ha, another Supra for you to rescue? What did the seller sound like? Friendly? I'd love you to pop up, you know more than most. Seems like too good for a parts car which is my thinking but would be good to hear your thoughts.

Too expensive as a parts car and most parts will be scrap as they will crumble when removing them if they are originals.

If I have time I will pop up and take a look but sounds more 12.5k too me without seeing it also no under bonnet pics!

And there I was planning my retirement on my car's value :-) Maybe UK autos will have their day when the manuals have dried up.

True but some of us just like UK cars not saying there is anything wrong with jdm ones to be honest I can now see the appeal of a clean fresh import too!

But standard oem UK cars are quite thin on the ground now although a few have been for sale recently all around 14-16k with similar mileages I am sure their will be a buyer out there near that price most probably out of the UK

It really would be good to see one stop in this country for a change.

Toyota seem to have thrown the kitchen sink at UK cars with their spec. Perhaps to justify the £40k price tag. I am not a Supra expert but I love having a proper UK car. I can absolutely appreciate the JDM scene.