The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MkV Supra only comes in Auto

Wonga Spar

Unfortunately i think it is the new supra, bmw parts all over it and the interior is basically a scaled down bmw 5 series.. and if you look closely at the steering wheel you can see a toyota badge under the black plastic covering.. so most likely its the production model being run through tests.

Il be disappointed if it is the new supra, because it would have the same dash as a million other bmw's out there. nothing feels as good as being sat behind the wheel of the mk4 :)

Few shots of the new "supra"

Notice the toyota badge on the wheel???

imageimageimage

The bmw 5 series interior for comparison...

Edited by raddys (see edit history)

Unfortunately i think it is the new supra, bmw parts all over it and the interior is basically a scaled down bmw 5 series.. and if you look closely at the steering wheel you can see a toyota badge under the black plastic covering.. so most likely its the production model being run through tests.

Il be disappointed if it is the new supra, because it would have the same dash as a million other bmw's out there. nothing feels as good as being sat behind the wheel of the mk4 :)

Few shots of the new "supra"

Notice the toyota badge on the wheel???

http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb475/G1991W/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_20170606-185357.pnghttp://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb475/G1991W/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_20170606-185304.pnghttp://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb475/G1991W/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_20170606-185255.png

The bmw 5 series interior for comparison...

http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb475/G1991W/Mobile%20Uploads/bmw-7er-rt-2015-0023.jpg

Jesus didn't noticed the Toyota badge the first time....

Guess I was kidding myself. Oh well at least it'll increase the value of the mk4 even more :D

With those body dimensions thatll be a mr2 rather than a supra. Toyota wouldnt redesign their flagship car and downgrade it to a roadster. The lfa was based on the supra and celica, even jza80 chassis were used at test mules for it. It wss even made in the same plant the supras were. The supra will have to be something if being released. Itll be a few years i guess. But that bmw toyota thing just wont be.

Don't be so negative guys. If it is truely going to be an auto and look like the above pictures it means one thing. We are all sitting on our retirement funds as mkiv values will increase nicely

In all seriousness if they made the FT-1 the "supra" i can see many of us jumping ship but not for that test mule.

I'm now hoping the new car is the mr2 and the ft1 will become the supra

I think that's what is going to happen. this mule car all over the net is a bmw - toyota collaboration but it looks too small to be a supra and it is going to be the new bmw z4 or z5 or whatever..

Now, if you look at the new lexus lc500 that looks more like the lexus version of the new supra (soarer of our time). Also at some of the development testing videos on youtube you can hear the toyota engineers refer to it as the "supra".

..I recently saw some newly released pictures of the new bmw 8 series which looks very much like the lexus lc500 imo.

https://www.netcarshow.com/BMW-8-Series_Concept-2017-1024-02.jpg

All speculation.

We will soon find out I guess.

Toyota has never confirmed (or denied) that they are making a new supra! Wish people would stop jumping to conclusions and labelling everything "the new supra"

Exactly.

This isn't a supra.

Someone took some pictures of a car that is made/designed/collaboration of two companies and decided its the MKV and people lap it up.

Toyota has never confirmed (or denied) that they are making a new supra! Wish people would stop jumping to conclusions and labelling everything "the new supra"

Exactly this.

The FT-1 was just a concept car as well so nothing will ever be released that looks like it

Exactly right. I hate it when "journalists" label it as the new supra when there's no confirmation that's what it is. Although I do find it fun to speculate as to what it might be and what the plan is regarding new releases