The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bushes and arms on suspension F&R

Gg3001

Hey guys need a bit of advice on my supra as I'm doing a full restore project from the ground up restoration, repaint and interior etc finished with a hks T51r as I love the noise :)

Coilover, wheels, tyres, inlet manifold and a few other bits I have already so on to the topic of discussion.

Which bushes and arms to fit underneath the car do I go

all oem

oem arms with power flex bushes

Japspeed arms or other makes etc

The car will be used mainly on the road and the occasional track day or Santa pod trip.

If it was an Evo I would no all but it's a supra and a completely different car handling wise any help greatly received especially if u have fit arms etc and then removed them because the ride was terrible etc.

Poping in a few pics of my Evos underneath so u can see how I normally finish cars road car and race car :) expense is always an issue but if the right parts are required I will get them thanks in advance.

imageimage

Good luck getting any OEM suspension now mate, stock has practically dried out entirely even for bolts etc.

That said I bought new rear OEM suspension at just shy of £2k. Not fitted yet but will definitely it worth it. Focus on the rear, front suspension is normally ok.

I also have a full oem new set up front and rear again not fitted it yet to my red UK tt6 (probably next year as all my efforts are going into my black Mkiv atm.

But I am 90% fitting a fully poly bushed rear end on my black Mkiv so will report back in a few weeks

If I don't like it I will sell it on and go oem on that too.

Amazing Evo! Do you have to wash and wax the underside as part of your car cleaning routine? ;)

I just had some OEM front track rod ends shipped in via Amayama.com from Japan. Import charge was harsh but still cheaper than buying in good ol' Britain if you don't mind waiting.

Whifbitz has a comprehensive list of performance and OE suspension bits. Xmas list. Ikeya arms I've heard to be pretty good.

I bought these cheaper OE style front uppers as couldn't get new OE ones anymore. They've been pretty good apart from surface corrosion starting a bit quick so best to paint them first.

ARM ASSY, FRONT SUSPENSION UPPER, RH 48610-19025

ARM ASSY, FRONT SUSPENSION, UPPER LH 48630-19025

I also have a full oem new set up front and rear again not fitted it yet to my red UK tt6 (probably next year as all my efforts are going into my black Mkiv atm.

But I am 90% fitting a fully poly bushed rear end on my black Mkiv so will report back in a few weeksí^½í±

If I don't like it I will sell it on and go oem on that too.

That will be good to know thanks mate will start cleaning all the arms and check if they need replacing first as the full bush kits looks like a cheaper option if they handle well :)