The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Epman wheel nuts

boostman

I have a set of neochrome Epmans on my Supra. They're pretty good. Just be sure to buy steel ones and not aluminium.

Hi, thanks! Yeh there the steel ones, says there made from Hi carbon steel.

Have you got a picture of yours fitted?

• 4 weeks later...

OK so my epman nuts were delivered today,

The are branded volk, so I assume they are fake as volk nuts are £300.

I have checked with a magnet and they are steel which is good.

As there steel I assume they'll be ok or should I send them back?

See pics

imageimage

I had a set of gold capped ones when i reshelled my supra a few years back, they were fine for the summer, i barely used the car over the winter, maybe once or twice?, came to remove them after the winter to refurb my brakes,

the little cap thats supposed to keep the moisture out had actually kept moisture,/salt in and rotted the nut, so was rounding off the hex and it had semi seized them to the studs, took about 4hours to remove them absolute garbage. Send them back dude I wouldnt even use genuine ones of this type

sooooo... what is a good centre drive lug nut to use on the Supra guys? I thought Epman was ok but obviously not.

I need the centre drive one where the socket goes inside the nut to tighen, not on the outside of the nut as mine sit inside the wheel

I had a set of gold capped ones when i reshelled my supra a few years back, they were fine for the summer, i barely used the car over the winter, maybe once or twice?, came to remove them after the winter to refurb my brakes,

the little cap thats supposed to keep the moisture out had actually kept moisture,/salt in and rotted the nut, so was rounding off the hex and it had semi seized them to the studs, took about 4hours to remove them absolute garbage. Send them back dude I wouldnt even use genuine ones of this type

OK, thanks for the advice, I'm sending them back 👍