The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Slightly off topic - What's the opinion of Celica GT4s? Anyone owned one?

Guest Rsb

I had a UK one and I loved it, The handling is awesome and mine had a few minors tweaks and went really well! One thing I will say is they don't share the same suspension as the normal Celicas so coilovers / lower arms etc are more expensive so listen out for any knocks on the test drive

I keep wondering about having one, the all wheel drive and the power to weight would be a different experience to the supra I imagine. As above Google the suspension issues as they can be pricey. You do feel though its only a 2litre so will have worked a lot harder than 2jz?

My other half has recently sold her ST205.

Good points:

Fantastic handling, they make good power even stock(ish), felt solid and went well.

Bad points:

Appalling on fuel(actually worse than my single supra)

parts for suspension are expensive and are considered consumable after 60k miles

there isn't the same knowledge base out there as for the supra. We struggled to find guides on how to complete some tasks.

Not as easy to work on as the supra. Things aren't as easily accessible or logically laid out.

Thanks for your advice especially about suspension issues. Good to hear they seem like good fun. Didn't realise they were so bad on fuel! Will be worth a look, not buying to make a profit but figured a decent UK car wouldn't lose too much.

Thanks for all your great advice. Service history sounds patchy - its only had a couple of oil changes in 4 years done locally which makes me suspicious about all the things you have highlighted. I think if it was £3k it would be worth a shout but I'll keep looking

I had one for a year, really liked it and it was great in the winter, really fun car, almost as fun as an Evo 7-9.

http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y434/Krisu-80/ST205/ST205_zpsb211023e.jpg

That's the perfect look for the GT4 [emoji1360]

I love 'um! Came close a few times to getting one and looked recently at the auctions in Japan.

One day...

Owned one before the Supra back in 2013, great car and can easily be tuned. Mine was running at 320BHP.

One needs to look out for the suspension/ fig 8s as they do reach the end around 65k miles.

I sold mine for peanuts at 3k and was heavily modified, shame the chap wrote if off a week later.

I've owned two ST205s, one standard and the other modded to around 330bhp.

As standard, i was underwhelmed with the performance. I think there was quite a bit of power loss due to the transmission.

The modded version was much better, but I only had it for six weeks as I got an offer on it I couldn't refuse.

Fantastic looking motors in my opinion, but the 4wd wasn't anywhere near as good as something like an Evo5.

They still seem to be good value for money, so if you need to scratch the itch do so before they go silly money.

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad333/muckyman1/88C1871D-66DD-48BB-B27C-88F25BC6883F.jpg