The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Igniter module

v6shep

Hi all. Not so long back I bought an igniter module from a member as it seemed mine was causing my fault and wasn't starting. I found the central pin that receives the power from the plug had earth running out from it. Finally a year later I've gotten it up and running, I seem to have the exact same issue. Any ideas what could be causing this?

And am I going to need to source another?

I desperately want the car running asap as it's been sat 3 years now. Thanks guys

Firstly I would advise you post this question in the technical section, you may get more response.

Try downloading this http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?301522-Exclusive!-JDM-Supra-(JZA80-MKIV)-Wiring-Diagrams

Are you sure its the ignitor?

Which connector pin are you saying connects to earth? Connector B29, B31 or B72 (you can see this on Page 2-6 Engine room (2JZ-GTE types) as some of them do go to earth.

Ah ok, well I actually mean, the pin connections in the igniter it's self, where you plug into it. The igniter itself is earthed to the top of the nearside wing. There are 5 wires running to the plug, the central one being the live, so, the central pin in the igniter socket receives power, now surely it shouldn't be feeding earth back from the igniter module where it receives the power?