The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help me choose a range of gauges

samdale

Currently in my car I have a defi link display and a defi boost gauge. There are sensors for oil temp and water temp but can only be viewed via the display.

I want to carry out a quality BPU and install some subtle, OEM-ish gauges. I think that AFR, boost and oil temp should be ample and obviously need to think about a boost controller too.

I want the car to maintain an OEM look inside and out so with that in mind I'd like to see some pics of your subtle dashboards.

Also after some recommendations for which gauges to go for as I'd quite like them to be all the same style. Unfortunately all I like so far is the defi bf white on black (same as my current boost gauge) but no matching AFR. Closest looks to be an AEM offering. Worth considering going all AEM for their gauge shaped boost controller? Don't really want their bright yellow logo all over my dash though. Any way of covering their gauge faces somehow?

I'm assuming once a boost controller is correctly set up it can just be hidden up somewhere?

AEM would be my first choice if you have the spare money, Stack are really good quality but the gauges are quite plain. Defi are pretty good (I have them in my rx7) but a lot of people stay away from them for some reason. Boost controller can be hidden in glove box etc, like you said once it's setup you won't need to fiddle with it much

Plain is what i'm after TBH so thanks for the stack suggestion. Shame that their AFR gauge doesn't match. A nice analogue one would have been perfect. Maybe stack gauges with aem analogue AFR.

I think you've nailed it with the stack + AEM AFR. I didn't use my AFR much on the Supra to be honest, knowing that the ECU was taking care of it for me was enough!

need because you want them lol.

You got me :innocent:

However

knowing that the ECU was taking care of it for me was enough!

My ECU isn't taking care of it though. WOT gave an AFR of 8 on a recent Dyno day... Once I've got round to solving said problem, it'll be nice to have something confirming all is ok. Currently there are no symptoms of running this rich and unless​ I'd been to this Dyno day I'd have been none the wiser. And obviously that's no good for the engine.