The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bride Mats

Marty

I recently bought some bride mats from Nengun japan. They are made to order so they took 6weeks to arrive.

Well i've had them fitted about a week, done about 100miles, if that, and look at the state of them! Stitching coming away already on the drivers one. I only wear trainers (nike airs) so my footwear isn't to blame.

Does anyone else have a set of these? First impressions were good - i was really pleased with them, a week on i'm not feeling the love no more :( I thought Bride stuff was meant to be top quality too.

I've sent Nengun an email to see what they say

No kidding! With import fees i reckon it was about £210 :( The ones i replaced these with are the originals i think and they look near perfect in comparison:taped:

It makes me question whether they are genuine, but Nengun are a well known supplier so they must be. I've opened a dispute with them via paypal, have to see what happens i guess.

You'd swear i'd been wearing stilettos :sly:

Edited by Marty (see edit history)

I have the same mats but from rhdjapan. I have had them around a year now and done maybe 3 or 4k miles. The drivers mat shows a bit of an indentation under where my heels rest but other than that, when cleaned up, look perfect.

Have to admit I noticed one or two stray threads in a couple places but nothing like this.. 😮

I have them 10 years :) I used the drivers mat for a few days, stitching started to come away ; I keep it in the boot and use the OE dirvers mat , Bride Drivers mat for shows

The rest of the mats no issues , good quality, still look as new , it is just the vinyl area on the drivers mat stitching is not up to par

Edited by Jellybean (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
I have the same mats but from rhdjapan. I have had them around a year now and done maybe 3 or 4k miles. The drivers mat shows a bit of an indentation under where my heels rest but other than that, when cleaned up, look perfect.

Have to admit I noticed one or two stray threads in a couple places but nothing like this.. 

/QUOTE]

That's kind of what i expected from mine, i'd be ok with a stray thread here and there :D

I have them 10 years :) I used the drivers mat for a few days, stitching started to come away ; I keep it in the boot and use the OE dirvers mat , Bride Drivers mat for shows

The rest of the mats no issues , good quality, still look as new , it is just the vinyl area on the drivers mat stitching is not up to par

10years? Fair dos :) though sounds like yours has a similar issue to mine with the drivers mat. Not sure i'm willing to stick them in the boot, i wanted to look at them everytime i opened the door :)

Nengun got back to me, they want me to return the mats for a full refund. I have also heard off Bride, they asked for pictures, which i sent - i've not heard anything since.

I'm in a little bit of a quandary really, my hope was for a replacement set of mats not a refund. If i was to send them back for a refund i reckon i'll be >£100 out of pocket after taking in to account return postage, import fees etc.

I might just take it on the chin, repair the mats so they don't get worse and never buy a bride product again :rolleyes: