The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sale/Possible Swap - 2008 Custom Lexus IS-F

Peter P

Hi Guys,

So the Supra bug is still biting me hard! ;)

I've done a fair bit more to the IS-F, including PPE headers, RR-Racing tuned intake, and a remap. Car will be getting dyno'd again on Saturday morning to see what gains the new additions have made. :)

This car was featured in the October 2016 issue of Banzai magazine, and is believed to be the most modified example in Europe. I've spent literally thousands on this to create a very desirable and tasteful wolf in sheeps clothing!

Lee at SRD has done some work for me on the car including the recent header install.

I have a long list of all the modifications if anyone is seriously interested in either buying or swapping their Supra for it?

I'm only after a well spec'd 6-spd with a single conversion, or maybe an auto with a single conversion. Mine stock goes for around £20k, so should be worth at least £28k with all the work that's been done.

Could be a nice alternative for anyone needing a more practical 4 seater with a decent boot due to a growing family? Mine are grown up now, hence I can entertain another 2 seater. :)

Happy to answer any questions here or via PM.

On with some photos:

Should add it's done just over 60k miles with full Lexus service history, and was serviced last Friday, so good for another year. Will happily get a fresh MOT done as well for any new owner, and it will come with a load of extra parts/spares if the sale/swap make sense.

Thanks guys.

nice car mate

Thanks Peter. :thumbs:

It's been a true labour of love over the last 3yrs, and attracts lots of positive attention and comments wherever I go.

Just isn't a Supra, and no matter how much more I do to it, never will be if that makes sense?!

I'm not desperate to sell, and if I can't do a deal on a good Supe, will hold on to it and add the supercharger kit sometime next year.

Given this will always be the first true performance Lexus ever made (pre-dates the LFA, GSF, RCF etc), the day will come when these command high price tags I'm sure (as with the Supra now, GTR's etc).

Really is a stunning car with practicality, style and power

Cheers Dean. :thumbs:

It really is. Last dyno before the headers etc produced 418whp, which for an n/a is pretty impressive really! :)

It's a really nice car to drive as well. Good handling, pretty predictable, reliable.

You also can't help but enjoy knowing you'll probably never see another one on the road, and if you do, it won't be like this one! ;) :)

Lovely car Peter :)

I've got a slight itch for one of these, when i get around to selling my black supra i'll definitely be a considering one :cool:

Thanks Marty.

You should mate. I really love mine. Only reason I'd let it go is my life long love affair with the Supe! ;)

I first joined this forum back when I was 13yrs old! Lol.

Been around and involved with them most of my life.

I sold my favourite UK spec with a freshly fitted single conversion back when I met my now Wife, as we needed the cash for a house deposit.

I know it was the right decision, but haven't been able to shake the need for another properly sorted example since!

Had a couple in between, but neither were very good to be honest.

The Lexus forums are fine, but not a patch on this place for mates, events, laughs etc. :)

Just a quick update. Unfortunately the two places I trust to dyno the car weren't available yesterday. :(

Hoping to get it done soon though.

Should be over 500whp, but be interesting to see how it gets on. Lee P at SRD can vouch for how good it sounds! Lol.

Think he said you could feel it in your chest when he stood behind it to record a short video after the headers were installed. :)

Let me know if anyone is interested, or wants more info.

Cheers.

Pete

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.