The mkiv Supra Owners Club

So I visited Toyota today...

AC93

...to get a price on the engine gasket kit so I can do my valve stem seals. While I was talking to the guy I asked how much they would charge for the job on my TT.

He wrote down £2520 LABOUR!! :woot:

£105 + vat per hour

Book says 20hour job

Then he says 'budget an extra £300-500 for extra pipes/bolts/parts that might break and need replacing'... I was still picking my jaw up off the floor at this point lol

I don't think they wanted the job!

Toyota will take the head off to do it though. So 20 hours? yeah about right.. What did you expect from a dealer?

Do it yourself with the rope/air method and you'd have it done in 8-10 hours.

Yeh i'll be doing it myself as planned, just wanted to see what they would charge. I didn't expect their labour rates to be that high tbh!

Priced himself out the job on purpose

Me thinks so too!

I was at toyota once, and they called a customer to say itll be 1500.00 to change the injectors on his RAV4, they got the job :shock:

Madness, last time I was there they were telling an elderly couple the price to change the battery packs on their Prius would be £2200 + labour :shock: