The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dillema on my impuse purchase.

blythmrk

Hi all I have just bought a rolling TT6 facelift shell in RSP (8L5) (chassis plate states v160 is that correct for an early facelift?) as an impulse buy for some good useable parts until my wife said you repair things not take them apart the problem is I already have 2 projects on going)

So the dilemma is either return to the road or brake for parts and keep the bits I wanted in the first place.:D

The car has never seen uk roads (and been dry sored since import in 2015) and is ultra straight and extremely clean underneath no horrible black underseal just as it came out of the factory supplied with UK brakes all round.

To return to the road it would ideally need a donor car as every thing under the bonnet is gone and the interior mainly gone including the loom (hacked in places) all ecus etc. all missing.

Any ideas on who would take this job on and possibly have everything required (the only thing I have for it is a v161 complete conversion but nothing else) to do this and costings?

The other option is to brake it for spares the good bits are:

(please do not message me for parts I would list these when I have decided what I am doing)

Door cards (I need to check these)

Centre console with lid. (not broken)

Face lift clock.

Black boot carpet with flap. (Excellent cond.)

A03B diff (still with black paint on the casting) with rear section of prop

Drive shafts like 6 month old ones a few bits of corrosion (I wish they would fit a big case diff as I would keep them)

Rust free boot lid

Veilside boot spoiler? (wait for the pics)

Veilside rear spats with face lift indicators.

Door mirrors (folding)

Both doors again very straight complete with everything.

Scuttle panel cover no damage.

Bonnet in excellent condition etc. complete with washer jets and sound deadening.

Rear bumper OEM.

Front Veilside Bumper with metal Velside badge where radiator intake is (its fibre glass is that correct) with face lift indicators.

Damaged Veilside side skirts would repair (as above fibre glass is that correct)

Rear face lift lights with looms. (excellent cond)

Face lift front wings mega straight

Tank Guard.

Rear seat (black leather)

Manual clutch master cylinder.

All rear arms and rust free subframe again like a 6 month old one (I am going to get my mechanic to check the arms etc as the oem bushes look pretty new)

All front arms like 6 month old ones.

Steering Rack no leaks.

Black vinyl roof lining with sun visors.

Power steering cooler again amazing cond.

Some dash panels with switches etc. (all heater controls and panel with switches that has the mirror folding button)

Rays Forged 18" (Volk I think off memory) front wheels in bronze finish and clear UK brakes (need refurb as curbed) good tyres too.

3 spoke rear alloys 18" (you know the 90's style ones!) deep dish 1 tyre ok centre caps missing.

Front UK cross drilled and grooved discs (surface rust but no lip)

Front UK Calipers very good condition with no corrosion.

Rear UK Calipers.

Rear Discs OEM with surface rust

Shell with import papers and duty paid just needs mot and v5 applying for.

Trim and some interior plastics.

Rear quarter windows.

Sparco steering wheel with boss (worn but looks nice!)

Steering wheel cowl (centre screw hole broke)

Genuine mats (drivers side worn but passenger excellent) says pure sport but mats black with grey heel protectors drivers has oem Toyota badge like a seat belt date tag)

Seat belts.

2x rear blinds/luggage covers (no idea why there's 2 in the car)

Heater matrix (I will check this to see it flows correctly)

Cover for spare wheel (black corrugated plastic one)

All seals apart from under the bonnet.

There is more but that's off memory!

Pictures now here

http://s50.photobucket.com/user/blythmrk/media/IMG_5701_zpsafmzp1ot.jpg.html?sort=3&o=16

Edited by blythmrk
Pictures Added (see edit history)

Its was up for 5k but near offers. Yes 5k for a shell is too much I agree and didn't pay that.

I am not going to make money I simply want to recoup some of it if brake it, I wanted certain parts like brake lines (they are as new) and the rear UK brake dust shields (these 2 items were going to cost over 1k on their own) as Toyota are delaying delivery on the brake lines and do not want my car in bits too long.

But as I stated I bought it as a spares car I only posted this up as I think its too far stripped without a doner car to rebuild this one and wanted peoples opinions.

My only thought was rebuild it as a standard oem facelift car as its a standard body and I thought the value would be around 18k?

The car was near to me and I called in a favour and got it collected for free.

I have recently imported a rust free complete rear subframe from Canada the cost was horrendous when you add the handling and duty charges so this seemed like a good deal .

Thanks guys.

Personally I would put most of your focus on your main build use the parts you need sell the parts you don't need and then sell the rolling shell so if someone wanted to make it into something you get your money back! So if someone had broken there's they could put all there bits into your rolling shell!

If it were mine, and I do have plenty of sit and store room in my 0.4 acre barn, I'd strip all the interior parts, exterior plastic, lights and store the shell. If British Motor Heritage can charge £10,200 for a MGB Roadster shell then who know what someone will pay for a TT6 Supra shell in ten years time or twenty years time? I recon a pristine never knocked never been rusted shell would be well worth hanging onto.

It matters jack shit what you paid for it or anything else. If it cost £15k to put back together with good recycled or new parts it'd be worth twice that within a few years anyway. As the saying goes, two is company and three is a crowd. You only have a company of Supras at the moment, why not get crowded?

Edited by rider (see edit history)

I need a facelift clock replacement - IF you decide to break.

I'm not sure that'll be a dilemma breaker. You never know though, might just be the part that breaks the dilemma. I just hate seeing cars broken that could be rebuilt and the thought it could be a clock that swings it, thats sad.

I'm not sure that'll be a dilemma breaker. You never know though, might just be the part that breaks the dilemma. I just hate seeing cars broken that could be rebuilt and the thought it could be a clock that swings it, thats sad.

Its just swings it the clock:d

Seriously if some body said they would rebuild as oem using my v161 box I would go for it but no offers its too much of a project for me with all the projects on at the minute and I did buy this as a parts car but the shell is one of the best I have seen in a long time that's my dilemma I do have somebody who wants the shell so the car will not die anyway it just will not be mine:(

You're right, with my clock broken I'm thinking why go on? I might as well scrap the entire vehicle.